Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my Maverick at the dealer this week for a couple of things but the main thing was my check engine light kept coming on the last ride we took. I didn't think much of it because we were deep water up to my wife's boobs atleast 40% of the time so I figured something got wet, it happens. When I went to pick it up the mechanic told me he had to order a new override switch n that's what was making the check engine light come on. So when i loaded it the check engine light came on, I wiggled the Overide switch n what do ya know the light shut off. The mechanic send it was probably a bad switch from the get go n my Overide never really worked. I don't know I really never use it. My question is has anybody else had a faulty Overide switch n I'm going riding this weekend if the light is on will it decrease my horse power. Also I heard the bike doesn't run at full power till 3 bars show on the temp gage, well Everytime I hit the water the temp goes down the 1 bar does the bike limit my power then? Idk last ride I was having a problem getting over 6500 rpm just trying to see if these things had anything to do with it . The dealer said its running great except for the Overide switch. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
A check engine light will limit power output.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I'll just make sure I keep wiggling it when it come on thanks Heavy

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Try disconnecting it all together and see if that give you a check engine light or not. If not, leave it disconnected until they get you a new one....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thinking, I'll let ya know what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts