Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I installed my fan override switch I keep popping fuses. I had one wire that was not tagged as to where it gets hooked to. So I looked at the UTV inc. site and see that the 5 wires are labeled as following. One to the blue wire of the fan. One to the red wire of the auxiliary circuit. One goes to positive side of the battery. One to the ground that comes form the relay that gets hooked to the screw that mounts the relay and that leaves the mystery one. This one is the one that is jumped off the bottom left side of the switch if you looking at the back of the switch. I think it goes to the ground according to the pictures on there web site. Instruction don’t say anything about this last wire, unless I’m missing something. So I hooked it up to the same ground as the relay ground and it just pops the fuse. Replaced the fuse and unhook that wire and the fan switch light comes on but the fan doesn’t. Any suggestions? Bad Relay?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wish I could help you out man. I got the arcticbomb one because it is plug and play. I'm totally inept when it comes to wiring, but I can plug and unplug like nobody's business! I'd contact the manufacturer and have them walk you through it. It could be something super simple, or it could be that they wired it up wrong from the factory. Maybe it was a Friday afternoon or Monday morning part.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,934 Posts
PM me a good phone number for you and I will have one of the techs give you a call and get it sorted out for you sir.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I waited and called and was told it would be at least monday or tuesday before a tech could help me so I went digging......Well I finally got the fan override working. It came wired wrong. The power wire from the battery and wire to the fan was switched on the relay and the ground wire on the switch was on the hot side of the switch itself. So I switched the ground wire on the switch and the wire going to the relay around and the fuses stopped popping and the fan started working when the switch was turned on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I waited and called and was told it would be at least monday or tuesday before a tech could help me so I went digging......Well I finally got the fan override working. It came wired wrong. The power wire from the battery and wire to the fan was switched on the relay and the ground wire on the switch was on the hot side of the switch itself. So I switched the ground wire on the switch and the wire going to the relay around and the fuses stopped popping and the fan started working when the switch was turned on.
good job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts