Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the fan override switch a must have accessory ? How many ppl run or dont run them?

·
Registered
458 Posts
IMHO yes, keeps your bike running cooler, especially on tight slow trails.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't think it is a must have but is a good thing to have if you want more control over the fan. It also helps keep the heat down by running cooler

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the K&T black box on my Commander and the engine temp runs at 2 bars the majority of the time. On the same trail at the same time my Maverick is running 3 or 4 bars and even sometimes 5. It always worries me that the Mav is running so much hotter than my Commander. So I have the fan switch on order and plan to use it extensively this summer.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My thought is the fan doesn't even come on until it hits 5 bars which is 210 or so. My guess is the engine is designed to run at this temp without any issues. I doubt having it running cooler will have any negative affects so it comes down to personal preference and riding conditions

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I haven't had to really use mine yet but when I get in a situation where I'll need it I'll be glad I have it, especially in the hot TX summers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in middle tennessee and this weekend it was around 7o degrees . I noticed that the bars on temp would stay around half way while riding. With that being said , riding was with my wife and 4 yr old son in her lap so we really was more or less easing around with him in the mav. At times u can really fill the heat and i can smell it when running hot. I plan on wrapping the exhaust and using hushmat or something like it to help with heat. But more or less trying to see if the fan switch was a must have goody.

·
Registered
668 Posts
OK which fan over ride is everyone using ? I think this is gonna be a hot summer and i would like my fan running from the get go.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
OK which fan over ride is everyone using ? I think this is gonna be a hot summer and i would like my fan running from the get go.
Articbomb here. Plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Or I have a utvinc one unopened if anyone's interested. 25.00 through paypal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts