Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mav only has like 13 hrs on it and today when I went to go on a ride the fan would not work and neither would the 4x4. I think my fan may be trashed already because we tried hot wiring it straight to the battery and it barely turns. When I put 4x4 switch on the little indicator does come on in the dash, we checked the fuses and they looked good... Anybody have any problems like this??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since nobody has any input on this I will let you know what i found on mine incase someone else has these issues. The 4x4 actuator wasnt working due to a bad connection on the position sensor located on the gearbox, i ended up replacing the switch it was like 20 bucks. I took my fan motor apart and if was full of dried up mud/water, the brushes were stuck so I took it all apart cleaned up the brushes and now the are moving freely. I tested the motor and it seems to be working good now, we will see once i get it all put back in.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sorry nobody chimed in on your issue. I am not a mud guy so I haven't encountered any issues related to water/ mud intrusion.....thanks for reporting what you found out though...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I havent had any kind of issues with mine an d have about 30 hrs. However, I dont ride in water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts