Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago we went to the St. Anthony Dunes for the Idaho UTV Invasion. Having not been to these dunes we were surprised as what a gem this place is only 5 hours from Boise. The UTV Invasion event was really fun, Idaho Dunes RV was great, the Mav Max was awesome everywhere, but most of all time spent with family in a hectic schedule is proving to be most valuable.

Checkout the quick article and photos I put together with UTVGuide.net: Family Fun in the Can-Am Maverick Max at the Idaho Dunes UTV Invasion | UTV Guide

Idaho-2014-MaverickMAX-001.jpg
Idaho-2014-MaverickMAX-021.jpg
Idaho-2014-MaverickMAX-027.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am hoping to make it there next summer. how did your max do on dirt tires?
I recommend the trip out. The Max did really good with dirt tires. When we starting getting to the Huge dunes in the back section, I was wanting some paddle tires. No Joke, those dunes are HUGE (see pic for scale). I was also running 7 psi of air, I probably could have made it much easier on the Max had i dropped to 4 or 5 psi with the LiteLoc Beadlock wheels I'm running.

I didn't try this hill on the group ride.
Idaho-2014-MaverickMAX-028.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
If UTV GUIDE would let you I'd say that No2 pic of yours could be a winner for the up coming photo contest and not being a dunner myself YES those are some scary looking hills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you try choke cherry? i have only seen it on video. that hill in the pic is massive!
I didn't try Choke Cherry, it's steep with a really short launch. I'd say turboed or built UTVs are really the only ones making up, but maybe there's someone on here that has in a stocker UTV.

Oh, and that photo of the huge bowl is called Devil's Dune. There should be some great photos floating around. That's where the group ride stopped for a cool raffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If UTV GUIDE would let you I'd say that No2 pic of yours could be a winner for the up coming photo contest and not being a dunner myself YES those are some scary looking hills.
Thanks, yeah I shot that photo with Jon Crowley of UTV GUIDE behind the wheel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't try Choke Cherry, it's steep with a really short launch. I'd say turboed or built UTVs are really the only ones making up, but maybe there's someone on here that has in a stocker UTV.

Oh, and that photo of the huge bowl is called Devil's Dune. There should be some great photos floating around. That's where the group ride stopped for a cool raffle.

I was at the invasion event this year as well.

My 2 seater Mav is more or less stock. Dalton clutch kit is my only power train mod.

I was also running a set of 27x13-14, 14 paddle EFX sand slingers with buffs in the dunes. Even with 4wd I only made it about 2/3 up choke cherry. And I used every inch as a run up to the hill. It's pretty intense.

Dead horse bowl is a blast. Sides are so steep that your tracks basically slide down the hill and are erased as you drive on it. Had my machine on the floor and got up to around 70 mph going around that bowl. So much fun.

And yeah, the 16 hour drive really sucks for me too. But man its worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts