Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of what I believe the be the correct way to install the factory 1/2 windhsield. Can you guys take a look and let me know if you agree, before I drill holes?

20130323_122911.jpg 20130323_122917.jpg 20130323_122946.jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
looks like where I mounted mine, just make sure you drill holes far enough back or I would say towards the cab as they need to clear some moulding in the air scoop. If you drill ahead of that you will be able to see the push pin when its inserted. This mounting will push the bottom of the windshield in a little bit taking any rattle out. Good luck

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw this moulding in there but it looks like I need to be in front of it, not to the rear of it....are you sure the holes should be behind it, towards the rear of the utv? Do you have a picture of yours you can share?

Joe

looks like where I mounted mine, just make sure you drill holes far enough back or I would say towards the cab as they need to clear some moulding in the air scoop. If you drill ahead of that you will be able to see the push pin when its inserted. This mounting will push the bottom of the windshield in a little bit taking any rattle out. Good luck

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
u have the top lip facing fwd right ?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Instead of drilling mine I took 3m emblem adhesive used to attach emblems to cars and so far it's holding up good

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i would of thought the tab holes went on the inside of windshield to look cleaner

·
Registered
266 Posts
Instead of drilling mine I took 3m emblem adhesive used to attach emblems to cars and so far it's holding up good
Wish I would of thought of that, instead of drilling holes in my plastic.:crazy:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just make sure to take some kind of degreaser and clean the area good so it'll bond and stick

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'll have to run out to the body shop and find it. It can be bought at napa I believe.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On mine, I Never did it. Didn't seem like it would work after reading more about it. Just used some moulding along the bottom and left it be. I hope it's working for the other guy though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts