Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
looks good... I'm doing the same to mine, I just chopped 4 inches out of my stock cage, I added a harness bar & a intrusion bar also and a x brace,good job bro

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks good... I'm doing the same to mine, I just chopped 4 inches out of my stock cage, I added a harness bar & a intrusion bar also and a x brace,good job bro
Thanks, I would love to chop a bit of height from my cage but I'm 6'5" and not a lot of clearance above my helmet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Those cage mods look real nice!

05Chevy3500, I would like to see some pictures of how you lowered your factory cage. I have a couple ideas in my head but I'm interested how you did it.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Looks great....this is almost what I had in mind for mine as well....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great....this is almost what I had in mind for mine as well....
The tubes are all Chromoly and then I sprayed the complete cage with Dupli Color Bed Armor as recommended by yourself, only trouble was we can't buy that spray over here so i had to buy it from the US...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how many cans did you end up using and have you had it out to see how durable it is? I only used it for touch up work. Hadn't considered using it for a full blown top layer....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two and a half cans covered the complete cage, not been out with it yet as I'm fitting several other bits so not sure how it will last but it seems pretty tough.
Also fully welded the bolted joint between the front and rear halves of the cage.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks for the info.....If/when I go to do mine, I might hit you up with some questions.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts