Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently a rock got caught and put a deep gouge inside my rear wheel. Has anyone ever gotten canam to replace one of these?

20140316_160248.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some people remove the black plastic guard that attaches to the hub, sort of a wiper. That helps with the scratching and gouging but leaves the disc and caliper more vulnerable, there are a few threads about this in the forum.

Apparently a rock got caught and put a deep gouge inside my rear wheel. Has anyone ever gotten canam to replace one of these?

View attachment 9202

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately this problem is a fact of life on the Mavs. My rear wheels look exactly the same. Looks ugly as hell, but it's more of a cosmetic issue than a real problem. I'm going to 14 or 15's on mine very soon.

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Some people remove the black plastic guard that attaches to the hub, sort of a wiper. That helps with the scratching and gouging but leaves the disc and caliper more vulnerable, there are a few threads about this in the forum.
Yup i removed mine and my one and only trip in the desert i caught a rock and bent the caliper bracket and rotor.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have the one and only true fix for this problem. Stop looking in there immediatley!!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the one and only true fix for this problem. Stop looking in there immediatley!!!!
I don't care about the scratches, its the noise the 2" crushed rocks make beating the crap out of everything.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've seen a guy catch a big rock just right and blow a 3 inch gap in his rim...the ride was done that day. I probably will go to a larger wheel myself...but time will tell. We'll see what the machine looks like when all done and gussied up.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yup i removed mine and my one and only trip in the desert i caught a rock and bent the caliper bracket and rotor.
ive had mine off for few hundred miles so far so good , but that 1 right rock will fuk ur day up , lol

Reactions: West Texas Raider

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Oddly enough, only one of mine is showing the marks, but they are fairly light. You could take them off, but as Benzo said, "that one rock will f**k your day up".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts