Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a fellow Maverick owner the other day, and his dealership told him he had to switch his aircleaner to a foam one for $100. Said that can-am wasn't going good for bad motors running the stock filter. Has anyone heard of this? Just curious if anyone has had this issue or been told this.

Jim

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sounds like your fellow maverick owner is a moron. I have not heard of any rotax failures due to contamination. Also, most dealers are fools anyway. You can learn more on this forum about your machine than most dealers know.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I call bs on that one, that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen if their own air filter had issues and they wouldnt back it up

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea...not buying that one. But honestly, the paper filter is almost like a pre-filter and only traps the larger particulates. The post-filter does the real work and filters all of the small particulates and in my opinion should not be run without it installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's what we both figured. My buddy is not a moron. He was asking me if I had heard this. But thanks for judging. Read my original post, at no time did he say it, the dealership did.

Jim

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wow. Found another titbag.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would not believe his dealer. Altho I changed out my stock set up for the turnkey intake & filter set up. Works way better.

·
Registered
415 Posts
yeah , I was referring to the dealer also, not your friend

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if it truly was an issue, there'd be a new filter with a new part number on the newer machines... I think the dealer was trying to simply sell your buddy a $100 air filter. Keep the stock ones clean and the secondary lightly oiled and you're gtg...imo

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would report those clowns to BRP ! lol

·
Registered
728 Posts
Last year there was a post by Glamisfan and he posted photos of sand under the filter. Search didn't work for me.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Last year there was a post by Glamisfan and he posted photos of sand under the filter. Search didn't work for me.
I remember the post. It was sand in the bottom of the air box and dust on the inside of the air box lid, but nothing past the post filter.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was thinking a Twin Air foam would be much better than the stock paper.
I've always ran the Twin Air's on other off road toys including my Rhino and love them.

It was interesting on how the factory or dealer oiled the secondary filter - must have used a full quart of oil on that thing. Had to spend some time cleaning out the bottom of the airbox from all the oil.

Reactions: Tomcat

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yeah I had the same experience with my dealer over oiling the filter too. I meet a guy this weekend that is running the "new" Can-Am filter...he seems to be happy with it. I think I'll probably get one.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I jumped ship from paper to foam and really like it. I never could clean the paper good enough. It's ok to wipe with

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I just decided to switch to the Twin-Air unit. Liked the idea of being able to clean it more effectively (multi-layer foam is removable) and also for the much greater filtering efficiency. Certainly didn't want to take the chance of dusting my motor.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Anybody know where they are selling the twin air for a fair price?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts