Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a face plant today, no pics; I was driving, not posing.
Came out of Horsfall going north, came up on the first big dune, normally has a plateau, not this time!
It normally has a razorback to the south so you have to goose it to get on top; this time, razor on both sides!
Because of backing off to turn on top of the dune, the back kicked up and the nose came down. Instant realization that this is not good.
Nose in to the sand, starting to go over, wheels back straight, on the gas hard... she pulled out.
Well, there is an aftermath pic...

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Did a face plant today, no pics; I was driving, not posing.
Came out of Horsfall going north, came up on the first big dune, normally has a plateau, not this time!
It normally has a razorback to the south so you have to goose it to get on top; this time, razor on both sides!
Because of backing off to turn on top of the dune, the back kicked up and the nose came down. Instant realization that this is not good.
Nose in to the sand, starting to go over, wheels back straight, on the gas hard... she pulled out.
Well, there is an aftermath pic... View attachment 256888
Nice going. With those lower arms you don't have to worry about bending them.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
did you break your fan shroud?

Reactions: 1HasBeen

·
Registered
260 Posts
We canceled our trip to Oregon dunes earlier this year because of this COVID CRAP, was probably a oh sh#t moment going up on front wheels but nice recovery.
We can’t wait to get up there again and get some riding in on the dunes.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We canceled our trip to Oregon dunes earlier this year because of this COVID CRAP, was probably a oh sh#t moment going up on front wheels but nice recovery.
We can’t wait to get up there again and get some riding in on the dunes.
In my opinion, the Oregon Dunes just north of North Bend (Coos Bay), are the best in Oregon.
I still can get lost in some areas.
The secret fun about the Oregon Dunes is not just running the Dunes, but all the sand trails winding through the bush.
You can run like on a roller coaster for hours (or until your arms fall off :))

·
Registered
67 Posts
prop dr. what brand lower A arms are those in the picture of your x3 rc they look good and also stout. thnx for the info.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I cant recommend this front bumper to duners enough. It's more of a skid plate than a bumper, works superb:

I wanted the bumper that fits more snug and maybe that would work too. I was going to remove it but Scott Tynan said not so fast, decide later and I'm glad I waited.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cant recommend this front bumper to duners enough. It's more of a skid plate than a bumper, works superb:

I wanted the bumper that fits more snug and maybe that would work too. I was going to remove it but Scott Tynan said not so fast, decide later and I'm glad I waited.
Do you own this too? I know you own a max RR didnt know you have a 2 seater too
What if you want to install a winch? isnt better the OEM front bumper that comes with a skid plate and the opening for winch in case you decide to get one?
OEM BRP #715002878

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Do you own this too? I know you own a max RR didnt know you have a 2 seater too
What if you want to install a winch? isnt better the OEM front bumper that comes with a skid plate and the opening for winch in case you decide to get one?
OEM BRP #715002878
That's a good one.
The Sand Show is a good place to check it out and find other sizes and styles.. Lots of variety.
Yeah we have a 2 and 4 seat X3. The 2 seater is way, way too good on the dunes to sell it.
We'll eventually put a winch on the 4 seat. Use it once and you are slap happy you have it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Their is a model bumper that jives with the winch. The Sand Show is the best place to check that out and find what fits your needs.. Yeah we have a 2 and 4 seat X3. The 2 seater is way, way too good on the dunes to sell it.
We'll eventually put a winch on the 4 seat. Use it once and you are slap happy you have it.
Have you had to deal with this :
"The bumper sticks out too far. It sticks out past the tires.
While at the dunes the front bumper drags the hills while going up and down"
AND
"Sticks out a little further than some others, so on a REAL steep approach that might be an issue. "
Also, the x3 canam lonestar front bumper requires to cut (drill) holes to install vs the OEM one that is bolt on no drilling ...correct?
Trying to decide which bumper to get
Thank you for any constructive feedback you can provide

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
AND
"Sticks out a little further than some others, so on a REAL steep approach that might be an issue. "
Also, the x3 canam lonestar front bumper requires to cut (drill) holes to install vs the OEM one that is bolt on no drilling ...correct?
Yeah some of that but the pluses outweigh the minuses. A little tighter fit would work too.
Lots of drilling. Their are some I saw at the Sand Show that required no drilling thus saving your tupperware.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah some of that but the pluses outweigh the minuses. A little tighter fit would work too.
Lots of drilling. Their are some I saw at the Sand Show that required no drilling thus saving your tupperware.
Just as a note: I barely managed not to go over ass over teakettle, If there would have been a front bumper sticking out any further, it could likely have been the difference...

·
Registered
776 Posts
In my opinion, the Oregon Dunes just north of North Bend (Coos Bay), are the best in Oregon.
I still can get lost in some areas.
The secret fun about the Oregon Dunes is not just running the Dunes, but all the sand trails winding through the bush.
You can run like on a roller coaster for hours (or until your arms fall off :))
I’ll be up there end of next month, but without my x3 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
42 Posts

This is what im buying next year just a 4 seater !!

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
AND
if its too steep hit it at an angle. Drive smarter not harder.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Glad to hear you kept the rubber side down....!
I'll be down there in about a month, maybe the razors will flatten out a bit.

Just welded up some hangers for my trailer ramps this morning.
Got to get my buggy out for several runs to data log the WS170 tonight and send back to Whalen.

May put the STM clutch on this week as well.
Still yet to get the camper and truck ready as it's been raining like hell for the past 2 months and I'm jonesing to get down in the sandbox.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts