Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the thread says. What kind of luck have you guys had? The Tusk looks OK, but the Pro Armor looks better, but photo shopping can make anything look good. Let me know what your experiences have been.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'll let you know in a few days. My Pro Armor bimini top shipped today. I went with Pro Armor based on my previous experience with thier products. Besides, for 79.95 how wrong could I go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the pro armor one and it's great haven't ripped and ive even rolled my machine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375940030.113671.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have the Pro Armor and love it……it took a few rides to get it to stretch enough to make mounting it a one person job. Only down fall with soft tops is that you need to remove them when trailering. Otherwise, the wind will ruin them after a while. It has a neat little zippered compartment on the underside too so you could store a map or some documents etc…. I just fold mine up and throw it in the glove box when I am not using it. I haven't done it yet, but you could spray it with a water repellant so it doesn't leak in the rain…..

IMG_0174.jpg

Reactions: GraveDigger XRS

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the Pro Armor and I think it's ok. I'm probably going to go to the solid sunshade with the fabric bimini top behind it. I don't like the fabric flapping at the top of my field of vision. That's just me....drives me nuts. Otherwise it's been decent. Oh, except don't be a dumb ass like I was. I put my registration in the zipper pouch, put the Mav on the trailer, and when I reached my destination the zipper had opened up....nothing left inside :( I should have known better.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, I was warned when I bought mine to not trailer it on the UTV. The constant wind will stretch it out and eventually start to rip it. Mine is tight and doesn't flap at all (yet) but I haven't trailered it with it on…..

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there is a guy on ebay with nice roofs for 59.99 have mine for 6 months and its been great

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think the fabric tops are good as a sun shade only and will start to flap after a while. Also they will not give you any protection in a roll over. I would rather make one using a sheet of Alum and screw it or rivet it to the top after painting it.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think the fabric tops are good as a sun shade only and will start to flap after a while. Also they will not give you any protection in a roll over. I would rather make one using a sheet of Alum and screw it or rivet it to the top after painting it.
Agreed....I would never consider the soft top to do anything more than block the sun and possibly rain......

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya I wanted to be able to drop the top when I wanted to this time with this sxs so I went with a soft top it's nice at night with no roof so cool - sucky part is taking it on and off for trailering and it does flap at hi speeds in the back but the intercom covers it up lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, I always liked the open top at night and it is definately cooler but I would much rather have the safety from the hard top.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya next year ima rivet on a alum. Top

Till then I will try and keep it off its lid !!

The ol lady likes to sit and stand on the roof at the drags lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm looking at the pro armor and one one on eBay for $59, hoping I can somehow roll it back a foot or so for duning, some kind of top is mandatory tho .....wifes orders.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'm looking at the pro armor and one one on eBay for $59, hoping I can somehow roll it back a foot or so for duning, some kind of top is mandatory tho .....wifes orders.
That's the order i got too. I been spending all my money on clutches, tires and what not...so this was a cheap alternative for the time being. I'll get an aluminum roof sooner or later, but right now the Mav has other priorities. This should make her happy for now anyway.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm worried about the hard top at the dunes but my teryx cage was a lot lower than the mav, do you find yourself looking over the top bar coming out of big bowls?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Ya know...I can't ever remember looking over the top of the bar, but I know Mega didn't like how far his UTVinc roof came down in front. Said it blocked his veiw of the next hill. He ended up cutting it back...WAY back. But then his cage is lower than a stock cage too. UPS just delivered my Pro Armor fabric roof. I'm out to the garage to install it along with my switchless sport low harness.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
stock cage with the 59$ ebay roof , is good, I think the pro armor goes down in the front

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts