Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Maverick scene and ready to hit the trail. I did a search and didn't find anything so I thought I'd pose this question and get some ideas.

Could I get some suggestions on what sort of extra tools and spare parts I should have along on the machine when I go out on the trail or later on to Glamis?

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this has been discussed here before, but I didn't find anything.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I always carry a little tool kit with the basic wrenches and ratchet/socket setup, spare tie rods, spare belt, a tow strap or two, a couple clevis's, tire plugs, plug in air compressor, and maybe a quart of oil just in case.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I carry two spare belts, spare tie rods, tool kit, plug kit, compressor, first aid kit, toilet paper, flashlight, tow strap, fire extinguisher, zip ties, bailing wire, duct tape, and I need to add fuses.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Also, I carried a spare tire for 6 years on my Rhino and never used it. I won't be hauling that unnecessary weight around again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I carry two spare belts, spare tie rods, tool kit, plug kit, compressor, first aid kit, toilet paper, flashlight, tow strap, fire extinguisher, zip ties, bailing wire, duct tape, and I need to add fuses.
You forgot the kitchen sink...lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah there was a pretty good thread on this before but I'm not to surprised it doesn't show up easily in search. It's all in the keywords and how you set options. I never have much luck with search either. My kit pretty much mirrors Glamisfan except I only have 1 spare belt and I will also be adding fuses now that he's brought it up. I also carry a small tear open packet of 3 min epoxy and a tube of alumaweld putty (if you've ever punched a hole in a clutch cover on your dirt bike in the middle of nowhere you'll love that putty!). Everything but the tow strap, compressor and plug kit fit in a medium soft side craftsman tool bag that I carry in the compartment under the drivers seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts