Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends want another handle, can I remove the plastic cover at the top of roll cage and get one?
It looks like it would make a good spot to grab on to

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please keep hand's n feet in vehicle @ all times!!! I guess?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yep. It's covered up so that they can't be held responsible if u use it and run into something or flip over and break your arm. Etc

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
When I drilled out the rivets on mine, they just spun. So I just kept going, and the friction melted the plastic. I was then able to remove the plastic cover.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
its NOT a handle, its a gusset to strengthen the crappy stock cage.
Ok...it's a gusset that works like a handle IF you take the plastic cover off...:tongue:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just use a carpet knife & cut the seem of the plastic, where it meets the cage. It's just plastic.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I didn't remove mine cause I didn't want someone to to stick their hand in there by instinct during a wreck.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Used needle nose vice grips on the back side of the rivet to keep them from spinning when drilling it out and I got them removed without damaging the plastic. I always save stock parts. Anybody want a pair of stock teryx seats or suspension?
Anyhow, the cover plates are to keep people from using it as a grab handle while moving because your hand could be crushed in a rollover. Can you say "lawyers"? I removed them because it looks better without them, a lot better, and they are nice to grab onto while getting in and out of the cockpit. My passengers know better than to put their hands up there in case of a crash.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369221621.665989.jpg

Here you go sir

1 - 20 of 22 Posts