Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Does anyone happen to have the correct measurements for lock rings and crossover rings to achieve 16.5” ride height?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I don't use one.
You jack the car up to get the weight off of the springs so you can turn everything easily.

Then after you let it down drive it back and forth a few times or around the block or whatever to settle everything. Then measure and repeat until you get it where you want it.

Has to be done on level ground, obviously.
do you guys happen the have the lock ring and crossover ring measurements that are required to achieve a 16.5” ride height?

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
Does anyone happen to have the correct measurements for lock rings and crossover rings to achieve 16.5” ride height?
You're going to have to do it, measure it, drive it, let the springs settle, and repeat. Possibly 3 times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You're going to have to do it, measure it, drive it, let the springs settle, and repeat. Possibly 3 times.
I understand that due to every vehicle being different / spring sag etc. just wondering if there is a rough ball park figure to get me started.make things easier

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
do you guys happen the have the lock ring and crossover ring measurements that are required to achieve a 16.5” ride height?
I understand that due to every vehicle being different / spring sag etc. just wondering if there is a rough ball park figure to get me started.make things easier
Doing it is the only way. How do you know someone else's is correct.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Doing it is the only way. How do you know someone else's is correct.
thought they may be some figures floating around, from what I’ve been hearing and reading it sounds like the first thing people do out of the dealership is raise to around 16” ride height , so seems like standard procedure is it not?

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
thought they may be some figures floating around, from what I’ve been hearing and reading it sounds like the first thing people do out of the dealership is raise to around 16” ride height , so seems like standard procedure is it not?
Yes it is, standard height on a Max is between 16 / 17 inches depending on model.

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
Hang on, I just noticed you have a 2 seater, correct? Height should be 17 - 17 1/2".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hang on, I just noticed you have a 2 seater, correct? Height should be 17 - 17 1/2".
Wow, that’s pretty high. After applying the fox tune, I measured it’s only at 14.5ish out of the box. Got a long way to go then I guess.
17” is where it should be at for a 2018 model? The axles are going to be on a huge angle at that height

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
225 Posts
Wow, that’s pretty high. After applying the fox tune, I measured it’s only at 14.5ish out of the box. Got a long way to go then I guess.
17” is where it should be at for a 2018 model? The axles are going to be on a huge angle at that height
It's also tire dependent, a 29" tire you probably don't want 17". I have 33" tires and my 2020 2 seater is 18"

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
Should be for any RR. Don't worry about the axle angle, you want the car up that high to take advantage of the 24" of suspension. My 17, and 19 are both at 17 1/2". In the dunes they run on 32s, on the street, 30s.

·
Registered
73 Posts
this is the exact car I’m looking at. The cage has been painted , it’s an 2018 XRS. Only 30 hours but lots of mods. Doesn’t look like it was the canam red and black anywhere. But current owner is claiming it has smartlock but he’s barely used it and doesn’t really seem to know what he’s talking about.Looks more like it was triple black to me.If it has smart lock I’ll pull the trigger on it but if not I think I’ll try find a red one.I just don’t know how to tell if it has smartlock or if it has had it added after the fact
Check the switch is on the dash

41 - 54 of 54 Posts