Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
768 Posts

Just to be clear...

The external reservoirs attached to the shock hidden away up in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
judging by the switches must have been an early 2018 model triple black ... looks like no smart lock . Is smart lock really that big of a deal?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Does not look like you have Smart Loc no. Its quite obvious if you just take a pic of the front diff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is smart lock really that big of a deal. Wonder if it is worth upgrading . Other canams have smartlock read on the lcd screen , I imagine it needs to be linked up to the computer etc too? Seems too hard

·
Premium Member
11,534 Posts
What will you be using it for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What will you be using it for?
Little bit of everything. Lots of tough terrain in Australia. Ranging from dirt trails, sand dunes, beach runs, limestone tracks, you name it.... I won’t be racing it, but I can guarantee I’ll be driving it as hard as the racers do

·
Registered
768 Posts
Is smart lock really that big of a deal. Wonder if it is worth upgrading . Other canams have smartlock read on the lcd screen , I imagine it needs to be linked up to the computer etc too? Seems too hard
There is a kit Can Am sells to upgrade im pretty sure. Wouldn't be super difficult really.

Like Hollywood says, depends on your riding style what you do. Have a Visco on my Sport, Smart Loc on my X3. If I could go back i would have bought a 64" Sport with Smart Loc.

But the Visco has never been not good enough yet for what I do with that machine. It works pretty good really.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Little bit of everything. Lots of tough terrain in Australia. Ranging from dirt trails, sand dunes, beach runs, limestone tracks, you name it.... I won’t be racing it, but I can guarantee I’ll be driving it as hard as the racers do
I think you are fine with Visco in those conditions. Not sure how much mud you see. But the Visco will plow through mud pretty good still.

·
Premium Member
11,534 Posts
I think you'll be OK. Here's what you should do, offer the guy $1K less than he's asking, because he lied to you about having Smart Lok. See if he bites

Reactions: S0905523

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think you'll be OK. Here's what you should do, offer the guy $1K less than he's asking, because he lied to you about having Smart Lok. See if he bites
Haha and use that 1k to upgrade? 😂
Wonder how much an upgrade to smart lock costs.
canam stuff in Australia is super expensive
Not many of them around still a reasonably new thing and everything comes from you guys in the states. A world away!

·
Premium Member
11,534 Posts
Not many of them around still a reasonably new thing and everything comes from you guys in the states. A world away!
Bank the 1K, you'll need it eventually. If he balks, walk away, you don't know what else he's not being truthful about.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's into the $1000's to upgrade. I wouldn't worry about it too much man. Drive on..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bank the 1K, you'll need it eventually. If he balks, walk away, you don't know what else he's not being truthful about.
It's into the $1000's to upgrade. I wouldn't worry about it too much man. Drive on..
while I’ve got your attention you guys seem to know your stuff, save me making another post, where is the ideal spot to place the infrared sensor for a belt temperature gauge? Is there a spot it really should be pointing at on the belt. If you have a pic would help.

thanks alot

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I mounted mine up top, towards the front of the housing, mostly to keep the water out and for the harness routing. I don’t think it matters as far as temperature goes, as your belt is spinning, except when you’re stopped. Heat rises so up top is better for that reason too.
I have an XDS without smart lock and about the only time I wish I had it, is rock crawling in Moab.

·
Premium Member
11,534 Posts
while I’ve got your attention you guys seem to know your stuff, save me making another post, where is the ideal spot to place the infrared sensor for a belt temperature gauge? Is there a spot it really should be pointing at on the belt. If you have a pic would help.

thanks alot
I don't use one.

Reactions: Mr Ted

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it's a good deal, just put a torq locker in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don't use one.
anyone able to give me step by step instructions on how to raise ride height properly. Fox guide says to jack the car up. Yet isn’t that going to give you some redicuoiusly high ride height measurement . It’s so confusing

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
anyone able to give me step by step instructions on how to raise ride height properly. Fox guide says to jack the car up. Yet isn’t that going to give you some redicuoiusly high ride height measurement . It’s so confusing
I am confused at your confusion...

You can let the Jack's back down after you adjust the springs. You dont think they want you to leave the Jack's permanently do you?

I'm not sure how much more clear anyone can make it than the the way Fox presented the video.

Have you even tried to follow the video?

Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
768 Posts
You jack the car up to get the weight off of the springs so you can turn everything easily.

Then after you let it down drive it back and forth a few times or around the block or whatever to settle everything. Then measure and repeat until you get it where you want it.

Has to be done on level ground, obviously.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts