Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process off buying a new 1000 X MR. I told dealer I wanted the extended warranty from can am and asked what the cost would be. He called his finance manager while I was setting in his office and asked him and he told us that can am wouldn't do it on the X MR but could get it from another provider. Does anyone know if this is true? That makes me wonder if they will cover anything on the X MR for any problems at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was quoted $1900.00 for 5 year from other provider besides can am. Just wondering what everyone else paid

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
my 4 year thru rpm1 is full coverage parts labor , motor trans yes , not cvt parts tho that's only thing they don't all r like this to , everything else is covered , there even doing all new rear shock and a-arm bushings under it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's my advice - if you can't get it for cheap, then don't do it. The margins on them are HUGE. I work for a good sized bank, and we looked at offering extended warranties (for cars, but the economics are the same). When we did the analysis of the product, the expected payouts were incredibly low - less than half of the price that is charged. None of us felt comfortable that the product was really in the customer's best interest (i.e. we'd be making too much money off of it), so we elected to not go into that business.

Also, from a personal front, my dealer offered me a "deal" on one of these (plus prepaid maintenance for 4 years). They quoted me $4500 on it, and I just laughed and told them to beat it. They came back IMMEDIATELY with a revised quote of $2500. Without batting an eye. Which just proves my point about how much margin they were going to make. I passed on that number and they came back AGAIN at $1900. The dude was desperate. I have no objection to the dealer making some money - we want them in business long term. I just prefer not to get bent over in the process.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I paid 900 for 6 services ! 3 years worth

·
Registered
367 Posts
3 years for $1,000.00
I never purchase extended warrantys but I did on this machine for 1 reason...the electronics
I figured if 1 thing goes wrong with it in 3 years Im even steven

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
4 years for 1600 and you have to take it to selling dealer. I never buy extended warranties but with this one thru interstate you get all your money back if you don't use it in 4 years If you use it for a couple hundred bucks worth of parts you get zip.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We just got the XMR and got a 2 year extended that takes affect after the BRP 6 month. We paid $300 for it. It even covers axles.

·
Registered
234 Posts
We just got the XMR and got a 2 year extended that takes affect after the BRP 6 month. We paid $300 for it. It even covers axles.
Who is the warranty through? And to these extended warranties have to be purchased when you buy the machine or anytime during the first 6 months?

·
Registered
89 Posts
We bought it at the time of purchase. I think it was called extreme. I will have to go look at the paperwork.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I forgot about this post. My warranty is from XtremeGard powersports. Its administered by ServiceGuard Systems, INC. Their number is 888-464-3774.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts