Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Neither, look at the exclusions in the contract. Also do you really want monkeys working on your car that have no clue and rely on BRP to slowly send them cut sheets on what to do? Just search around here and you will hear nothing but horror stories of cars sitting at dealer for months with zero fixes.

The warranties are just a highly marked up piece of paper that the dealer screws you with. Get to know your machine and do the maintenance yourself.
This is the best advice. It's kinda funny how hard some people are shilling for an extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
"Shilling" ??? You were the mark talking about spending $1500 on a $700 Extended Warranty.

Rare or not, I didn't have anything major go bad on my car until about 28 weeks after I wrote the check and picked up the car. Just shared how the $800 I spent on the Extended Warranty more than paid for itself first time I needed it. Us "shiller's" also realized how ridiculous it is to call BRP and expect them to warranty & deliver a switch, or, I.E. power steering unit. Businesses don't work that way, especially with warranty issues that could lead to liabilities.

I'd never let a BRP "Service" department put air in my tires, let along wrench or try and diagnose anything on my car.

Mega for the win, again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Shilling" ??? You were the mark talking about spending $1500 on a $700 Extended Warranty.

Rare or not, I didn't have anything major go bad on my car until about 28 weeks after I wrote the check and picked up the car. Just shared how the $800 I spent on the Extended Warranty more than paid for itself first time I needed it. Us "shiller's" also realized how ridiculous it is to call BRP and expect them to warranty & deliver a switch, or, I.E. power steering unit. Businesses don't work that way, especially with warranty issues that could lead to liabilities.

I'd never let a BRP "Service" department put air in my tires, let along wrench or try and diagnose anything on my car.

Mega for the win, again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I didn't think you were shilling. Like you said you just shared your experience and that's cool. I read this entire thread and there are some that have posted several times saying the exact same thing over and over. I thought I had replied to your post. It's sad that a dealership would try to do that to someone. From the reviews it looks like I'm not the only one they've done that to. What sucks the most is they're the only dealership within 50 mile radius

Also, BRP =/= dealerships. You know that right? I didn't call up BRP, I called the dealership. I thought I had said that? I wanted to swap out the rocker switch, but they need the vehicle. I know you take your vehicle to the dealership for everything, but a rocker switch takes 2 seconds to remove and can be tested on any x3 lol....it's nothing like an electronic power steering unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can get the RPM One extended warranty with maintenance, then get all over it!

I bought it for my '14 800 XT Commander and it paid for itself by almost double.

Valve lash was $430, 4WD actuator was $260, 1000 mile and 2000 mile checks were over $1200 combined. Every 500 miles I had fluids replaced, so once in '14 and twice a year through late '17 and would have roughly at a couple hundred a pop. Had a driver's seat replaced under the extended warranty for a rip in a seam, and that would have been at least $400.

$1200 investment and I got over $2000 back on it. Win win.

-Kris

61 - 66 of 66 Posts