Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's Covered?

Engine: All internally lubricated parts, including: pistons, pins, rings; connecting rods and bearings; crankshaft and main bearings; camshaft, followers, and cam bearings; push rods, valves, retainers, springs, guides, seats, followers, and lifters; rocker arms, rocker shafts and bushings; internal reed valves (where fitted), transfer port valves, timing gears, timing chains, timing belt, timing chain/belt tensioners and retainers; eccentric shaft; oil pump. Oil pan; intake and exhaust manifolds; engine mounts and cushions; engine torque strut, timing cover; valve cover(s); harmonic balancer; flywheel (flexplate) and flywheel ring gear. Turbo/Supercharger (optional): Housing and all internal lubricated parts and waste gate are covered.

Transmission: (Automatic or Standard) All internally lubricated parts contained within the transmission case; all internal gears, bearings and chains; internal selector mechanism, shift linkage and shift lever, mounts.

Primary & Secondary Drive: All internally lubricated parts contained within the drive case except clutch and hub assemblies. All internal gears, bearings and drive chains, internal selector mechanism, transmission mount.

Final Drive (Shaft Driven Models): All internally lubricated parts contained within the driveshaft and final drive housing, driveshaft(s), ball and universal joints, driveshaft support and mounts.

Chain Case: All internal lubricated parts contained within the chain housing; jackshaft and jackshaft bearings, front axle and axle bearings.

Front/Rear Suspension: All internal lubricated parts contained within the front fork tubes including the front hub. Front and rear wheel bearings, swing arm bearings/bushings, upper and lower control arms, ball joints, king pins and bushings and spindles. Frame for weld failures only.

Steering: Upper and lower steering stem bearings and bushings, axle. Spindle, bearings and bushings. Steering knuckle (stem) and handle bar, adjustment nut(s), tie rod ends, adjusting sleeves and drag link.

Cooling: Water pump, fan motor, fan blade.

Brakes: Hand controls, disc brake calipers, master cylinder and reservoir, wheel cylinders, hydraulic hoses, lines and fittings, drum brake actuation cam and securing hardware, brake hub(s), brake backing plates. (Disc Brake Pads and Brake Shoes are not covered).

Electrical: Starter and solenoid alternator/ generator; voltage regulator; magneto, distributor; coil(s), rectifiers, stator, wiring harness; manually operated switches; electronic ignition module, electronic fuel injection control module and fuel injection sensors.

Taxes & Fluids: State and local taxes where applicable and fluids

Where do I take it?

Yes, you really can choose any dealer, national chain, or local mechanic to perform the repairs on your vehicle with your vehicle service plan (extended warranty contract). Unfortunately, this is not true of all extended vehicle warranty providers.

What should I tell them once I drop it off?

Please notify the repair facility that you have a service contract administered by American Guardian Warranty Services. Provide them with a copy of the contract and our phone number and tell them to contact our claims department. After they have diagnosed the problem but before they start any repairs.

What if my dealership/repair facility won't take your plan?

Typically our service contracts are accepted nationwide but in the rare occasions that a dealer or service facility will not accept our vehicle service agreement, we would first direct you to use another service facility if possible to ensure you get the best possible price on repairs. If you do not wish to take it to another repair facility, we would ask that you contact us directly before any repairs are made so we can discuss proper reimbursement.

How do deductibles work?
During each repair visit there will be a required deductible associated with your vehicle service contract (this will vary from each type of product we have and in some cases, no deductible). When it comes time for payment of repairs American Guardian Warranty Services will pay the service facility (typically by credit card) and you will have to pay said deductible and any non-covered repairs under your vehicle service contract to the service facility.

Pricing:
American Guardian Service Contract

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All dealers are pre-qualified to submit claims on your behalf regardless if they're a franchise dealer or just a parts/repair shop. You have ultimate flexibility with this program by selecting a service shop you trust vs being tied down to the one who sells Can-Ams.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Are there different plan options available? I seen in their brochure an Ultimate plan? What's the difference? Does the plan cover the new front diff in the XRC model? It has a clutch pack and warranty states minus clutch's? Also it mentions nothing about Steering racks. If a seal on the engine and or trans blows and dumps the oil causing failure is it covered? Most of these warranty's are not geared specifically to the UTV market and are written some what vague so your at the mercy of the underwriter. What makes this one unique to this industry? What are the limits of modifications before a Claim is denied? I ask these questions because I have been burnt before with extended warranty plans.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there different plan options available? I seen in their brochure an Ultimate plan? What's the difference? Does the plan cover the new front diff in the XRC model? It has a clutch pack and warranty states minus clutch's? Also it mentions nothing about Steering racks. If a seal on the engine and or trans blows and dumps the oil causing failure is it covered? Most of these warranty's are not geared specifically to the UTV market and are written some what vague so your at the mercy of the underwriter. What makes this one unique to this industry? What are the limits of modifications before a Claim is denied? I ask these questions because I have been burnt before with extended warranty plans.

We offer 24 , 36 , 48 month plans with only zero dollar deductible. We do not offer any budget plans with a 100 deductible because it's not worth the risk of an unhappy customer. The plans listed on our website does not discriminate against XMR, XRC, XDS, XRS, or the base model. When you have a legitimate failure take it to your favorite local dealer, and allow them submit the claim on your behalf. Once the dealer receives the authorization number you're in the clear. The warranty will not take care of fibers, belts, brakes, or anything that are designed to wear out will not be covered with the exception of wheel bearings, tie rods, wheel bearings, and the primary drive (not related to a shredded belt). When a engine seal fails they'll replace it, and take care of the collateral damage ; however, they will inspect it to make sure your story checks out, so be sure to document and take pictures of the leak and getting towed to the truck with your phone. I agree warranties are vague hence the reason wheel bearings and axles are still being covered on offroad vehicles.
Overall, approved or denied claims are based on what the dealer submits. For example, if your dealer mentions abuse, raced, wrecked it will throw up a red flag and require a third party inspector. I always tell my customers to stay away from aftermarket lift kits, snorkels, and oversize tires if they want to ensure a hassle free experience. Yes, it's possible to have all three of those items (lift, oversize tires, snorkels) installed and still receive an approval, but your at the mercy of your dealer, inspector, and the warranty company to determine if the failures are related to those modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts