Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they reduce mud from spraying everywhere or are they a waste of money like a lot of the OEM accessories?

·
Registered
62 Posts
My opinion is the factory flares help a little on the rear, where the mud flings forward; but the fronts are useless. Front tires like to flip mud in window when running at anything but a crawl. I have rock blocks, help a little more on the front, but not as much as the much wider ones out there. If running fast, you can almost out run the mud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What model do you have? They work pretty good on my XDS, assuming they won’t work as good on an XRS, unless you add the mud busters or something to them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
As said, not so much on the X-RS 72inch wide, but it gives a flat transision to mount wider full length mud flaps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put them on my 72 inch XRS and they look great and block just enough to keep mud out of the cab for the most part. Prior to putting them on we had to go around any water puddles unless we wanted to get wet and muddy.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
On my forst outing in my RC without any fenders we got soaked, drenched, mudded.
Got the oem fenders and it helped some.
Got the fender extentions for the OEMs and I'm happy with the outcome.
Now I really have to hit the water/mudd/sand to throw it forward to get it in to the car.
The differance is from getting soaked to getting splatterd.
I can live with that...

·
Official Site Vendor
5,290 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts