Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I run an 8 paddle Skat on a light weight 27x7 spun aluminum rim and this is the fastest out of hole and on top combo I have found for these high torque motors. Depending on the sand conditions I normally run about 71/2 mphs lil less than half down the drags and pull to 48 to 49 up olds when blasting through the whoops. Warlock n crew did tons of skat trak testing last weekend so they probably have a better combo.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well then if thats what u want I can arrange a fly by...lol the sand blast will be a bonus
lol im sure if me and mega were running same tire set up his clutch would out shine me :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The Exciter paddles are a fun dune tire but the small blades don't push the heavy Max up olds really good at the Top. they might perform better on a lighter weight 2 seat car.
The 7 paddle 26x12.5 are still the fastest combo around and they are fun to dune cause they will slide a Little. 8 paddles are good but not quite as fast. and the 12 paddle staggered glider 26x12.5 is a good solid all around tire.
I still have another set to custom Grove and play with to see how they compare. we run these on Max 4 seaters vs Max 4 seaters in our group so we can see what changes up.
Sandslingerz as we call them or Belt slingerzz SUCK. They are as bad or worse than STUs. Stay away they throw so much sand straight up that you gotta pass your buddies with them till there in the back or you will just eat sand.

Reactions: Andy

·
Registered
680 Posts
you guys done anymore tire testing?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sandslingerz as we call them or Belt slingerzz SUCK. They are as bad or worse than STUs. Stay away they throw so much sand straight up that you gotta pass your buddies with them till there in the back or you will just eat sand.
Well nobody like following me with the extremes either. You get too close and it's like being hit with a 5 gallon bucket of sand at 50mph...

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
you guys done anymore tire testing?
Nothing really new as of lately waiting for some dune weather. But the Skats are all great tires no matter what. They are a true Drivers Tire. The Buffed front tire along with the rears work great together in 4wd. You want a larger front tire than the rear tire or at least equal. 4wd is the fastest way to drive in every form of Motorsports and the same is true for the Dunes. Duning in 2wd is sloppy and slow. Larger Rollout in the front means the front can help pull you around turns and also help pull you through the whoops. The Molded tires almost all ways have a smaller diameter front steer tire and do not like to run in AWD, therefore the front and rear are fighting each other. You will be able to drive around your buddy in awd on the outside if you want to. LOL. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Warlock, what pressure do you run with the skats?
Generally nothing less than 8 or 9 in the rears and about 10 to 11 up front. People like to air all kinds of paddles down to low and it will cause the Paddle to fold back and slip a lot. More air gets more traction cause the paddle is rigid.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I just got my first set of paddles skate 12.5 8 paddle on a 10 rim you guys keep making me feel like I made a mistake and gonna be slower than my bald bighorns lol
Nope 8 paddle is just perfect. as long as you have the Buffed Skat up front, there is no combination made by any other company that will out perform those. Gauranteed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
warlock I did get the buff upfront I measured it and it was shorter than the rear. After talking to Tim he said to fix it so I told me dealer I needed to return my front buffs for a taller one. They should be in any day. So I hope the 8 paddle with buffs in front will be a good decision on my two seater?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
warlock I did get the buff upfront I measured it and it was shorter than the rear. After talking to Tim he said to fix it so I told me dealer I needed to return my front buffs for a taller one. They should be in any day. So I hope the 8 paddle with buffs in front will be a good decision on my two seater?
Yeah you want equal to or more Rollout on the front tire vs rear.
So in 4WD the fronts not fighting the rear. Thats why the STU tires are also running in 2WD there front tires are smaller than the rear.
Duning in 4WD is faster and safer also.
You will hear guys say all the time oh but I like 2wd it's fun. Yep it is sloppy and sloppy can be fun but sloppy is not fast. In all forms of racing the 4wd cars are the fastest right.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts