Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys.

Lots of discussion on this forum on what paddles to use has me in procrastination mode on what to buy for next season.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Well were going to build a few experimental tires to Run on the Max I got against our other Max since we have a Baseline on them already. The 28s(roll out 85 to 88) 12" with 7 paddle pull my 26x12 x12 up hill in dry sand at Glamis by 1 to 2 bikes . But on flat out drags I pull his in the Mid and pull him on top end runs. Dry Sand the last 2 weekends. Now that will certainly change up once the dunes get some moisture in the sand. Multi Paddles will suffer. I have another set being made that will be grooved in the Middle so they Bite hard on the Start and Progressively change up as the tire grows and we ride in the center of the Tire. Were trying to make a Variable Pitch Tire so we will have good cornering and Launch and as the tire grows it will run on the Center of the tire with the least amount of Paddle in the sand so we will have a good top end Speed.

we think they might be a little Squirly on the Big End. LOL. Sand Is always Loose. We will see.
I have a pic of a few we just finished up. View attachment 6000
Did these work good?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
25x10x12 skat 7or8 paddle still the fastest ,

I raced mega up olds he has stm rage 6 26x12.5x12 8 paddles ----- im stock , if anything I gained on him and had 2 people totaling 330 lbs

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The STM didn't make a difference over stock and the only difference is the tire width?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The STM didn't make a difference over stock and the only difference is the tire width?
im running 25x10x12 8 paddle

hes running 26 x12.5 x12 - trimmed 8 paddle I think

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
The wrong tires will slow you down and negate any gains the stm have over stock and a properly tuned stm is much faster than the stock clutch in the sand especially running up the hills. I bet Benzo was smiling when he beat Mega up the hill...lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The wrong tires will slow you down and negate any gains the stm have over stock and a properly tuned stm is much faster than the stock clutch in the sand especially running up the hills. I bet Benzo was smiling when he beat Mega up the hill...lol
I was kinda hoping he was gonna fly by me to justify buying a full stm down the road, lol

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I guess if I spend $2000 then tires shouldn't make that much of a difference. I saw the video of STM vs stock and there was major separation between each. I didn't think tires made that much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
9,102 Posts
I guess if I spend $2000 then tires shouldn't make that much of a difference. I saw the video of STM vs stock and there was major separation between each. I didn't think tires made that much of a difference.
in the sand it makes a shit ton of difference. I am ordering a set of 7 paddle skats, to see the differences.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I was kinda hoping he was gonna fly by me to justify buying a full stm down the road, lol
Well then if thats what u want I can arrange a fly by...lol the sand blast will be a bonus

21 - 40 of 53 Posts