Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well were going to build a few experimental tires to Run on the Max I got against our other Max since we have a Baseline on them already. The 28s(roll out 85 to 88) 12" with 7 paddle pull my 26x12 x12 up hill in dry sand at Glamis by 1 to 2 bikes . But on flat out drags I pull his in the Mid and pull him on top end runs. Dry Sand the last 2 weekends. Now that will certainly change up once the dunes get some moisture in the sand. Multi Paddles will suffer. I have another set being made that will be grooved in the Middle so they Bite hard on the Start and Progressively change up as the tire grows and we ride in the center of the Tire. Were trying to make a Variable Pitch Tire so we will have good cornering and Launch and as the tire grows it will run on the Center of the tire with the least amount of Paddle in the sand so we will have a good top end Speed.

we think they might be a little Squirly on the Big End. LOL. Sand Is always Loose. We will see.
I have a pic of a few we just finished up. 20131115_172119.jpeg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I think ur losing power with no middle bit

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully a good launch and fast up hill and Fast on the flats. Not to Worry I have a Few more different paddle styles coming to try next. The Digger with the Center grooved down. Once we find a good set up then we can have a New paddle Mold made. Kinda fun to find a new Cutting Edge Design.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would try a 25x10x12 7 paddle against these and see how they compare ! mine pull hard - 3-4 cars over stock jumped 1 car by 10mph

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think ur losing power with no middle bit
I want bite on the Bottom end and the Turns but I want almost nothing to Speak of at Full speed. The Lesser amount of Paddle in the Sand the Faster it is. paddles Equal Drag.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
right on yup gotta try all the different ways and styles out ,

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I want bite on the Bottom end and the Turns but I want almost nothing to Speak of at Full speed. The Lesser amount of Paddle in the Sand the Faster it is. paddles Equal Drag.
I think a middle paddle every other 2 side paddles would be killer

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would try a 25x10x12 7 paddle against these and see how they compare ! mine pull hard - 3-4 cars over stock jumped 1 car by 10mph
Smaller tires work pretty good and are fast . But with the Newer Heavier 4 Seaters and passengers we Need some more Push when Duning.
I already Beat the XP1000 4 seaters in the mid and top when they run Multi Paddle GMZ tire. or the STUs. wait till they get some wet sand and There Mullti paddle tire is Blowing Belts and Bogging them down.LOL. Im Gonna test and tune till I find a Good Combo.
Paddles are Like Boat Props. Either you Prop for Bottom end Launch or you Prop For Top End. LOL. I want Both Top and Bottom.

Reactions: Calico_

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Now I see what you mean by variable pitch! And I'm surprised that the taller 28" paddle is better shooting the hills! I'll be watching your results. I may wind up removing some of my middle paddle.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
To bad it cant be like a variable pitch propeller like on a small plane.
Looks like you have some serious project testing ahead of you.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To bad it cant be like a variable pitch propeller like on a small plane.
Looks like you have some serious project testing ahead of you.
Yeah That's what were trying to achieve. Now It 20131114_190053.jpg 20131114_160557.jpg s figuring out if we can get the fat tire casing to grow like a top fuel drag car, so the middle of the tires running surface at speed has less bite at speed but has a lot of bite on take off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Every time I think I've the sand tire stuff figured out and want to order a set, you guys come up with something new and more exciting...hehe. Just when I was getting away from racing and always having the latest and greatest, my wallet starts to quiver and my wife starts giving me funny looks!

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Every time I think I've the sand tire stuff figured out and want to order a set, you guys come up with something new and more exciting...hehe. Just when I was getting away from racing and always having the latest and greatest, my wallet starts to quiver and my wife starts giving me funny looks!

i figure i ewould just buy something and get to the dunes, then when something better comes out its ony $400 to upgrade rear tires and i could sell the old ones for $200.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well I like your set-up right now Mega. I'm probably going with the same. I've looked on other forums and this one and think the general consensus that works is what you have now. Thanks for all the knowledge you share. Very appreciated!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you attach those paddles to the tire?
They put them in a hot Press and Vulcanize the(hot rubber glue) and it cures to the buffed Tire Carcass.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I see. Thanks for the info. It seems like a Maverick could tear them apart after sometime but I guess now I am wondering how long will those paddles last?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I see. Thanks for the info. It seems like a Maverick could tear them apart after sometime but I guess now I am wondering how long will those paddles last?
paddles have been made like this for over 25 years and had over 400-500 hp to them , they actually hold up real good - rocks and hard pack eats them as it would and paddle

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts

just look at the used ones on craigslist. the glued on parts never tear off but they do wear the edges down after doing a few doughnuts on the street.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts