Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys tell me if I am going in the wrong direction, I am trying to eliminate the dual exhaust, resonator and cat on my maverick. Right now my plan is to bring the tubing together at a collector then go to a single 2.5inch pipe right to a good chambered muffler or super trap. I am trying to eliminate weight and make room for a fuel cell, the exhaust will come out the side in the rear. I looked at some pictures of the monster mav and I think I can get away with running a single muffler verses two if I build a collector. Let me know if I am crazy thinking a 2.5 single would be good enough.
Thanks
Pat

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yes it will work post pics and sounds clip when done

there is a guy or 2 that have done something like it and have clips on utube and a thread on here

·
Registered
231 Posts
I went to a two into one with a collector I made and a 3 inch hotdog, love it, neighbours think it's a v8 starting up.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here it is, this thing sounds mean!! Loud is an under statement though lol

I built a 2 into 1 header and ran a single 2.5 inch 10 series flow master.
Let me know what you guys think.
Pat

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
would like to hear a sound clip of it...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
would like to hear a sound clip of it...
I think that would be a good idea!---------------------/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\-------------------------

·
Registered
231 Posts
That mufflers gonna melt shit

Reactions: chevycraig

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything clears, at full stuff nothing comes in contact and the turn down is above the bottom of the car. I have heat shielding that's not on in the pics, it's similar to the stuff can-am uses just thicker.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cool, I love flow masters, good onya for trying something different !!

Reactions: mearsman

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the main reason I went this route was to make room for a fuel cell. It was a pain to build because the die for my tube bender would kink this tubing so I ended up buying a couple J-bends, cutting them up and re-used the flanges off the original exhaust. I really want to go dyno this thing and see if it made any difference.
Pat

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm gonna jam one of these down my muffler to quiet things up, 6-7 DB apparently, quite popular for drag cars, speedway etc, some reviews have said more power with ? Google it, I'll give it a try anyways.
You'd have to put it in the pipe behind your muffler though, obviously your mufflers chambered.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Auger-Style-Muffler,1736.html#

·
Registered
231 Posts
the main reason I went this route was to make room for a fuel cell. It was a pain to build because the die for my tube bender would kink this tubing so I ended up buying a couple J-bends, cutting them up and re-used the flanges off the original exhaust. I really want to go dyno this thing and see if it made any difference.
Pat
Ah, now I see why the side exit ?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here is a short clip, don't mind the console being torn apart...I was installing the radio and intercom.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
sounds pretty loud.....I am thinking it may have been better off on the passenger side so the driver isn't hearing it just behind him.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts