1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
DEI header wrap seams to be the most popular

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Forgot the name of it, but I picked up some header wrap from autozone and love it. I wrapped all my pipes with it, from front to back.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I used a 50' roll of the DEI and a can of the Silicone spray.......it keeps the radiant heat out of the CVT for sure and also helps when combined with the heat barrier on the interior panels from heating up the cockpit....

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
But would keep moisture trapped on the pipes if you deal with a lot of water...and rust things out?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I used a 50' roll of the DEI and a can of the Silicone spray.......it keeps the radiant heat out of the CVT for sure and also helps when combined with the heat barrier on the interior panels from heating up the cockpit....
The 2014 has a lot of foam pieces on the interior panels. Should I just go around them or take them off and shield over them?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The 2014 has a lot of foam pieces on the interior panels. Should I just go around them or take them off and shield over them?
Take off the foam and clean off all of the glue residue, install the heat barrier and then re-install the foam......it helps not only with the heat but also provides some sound dampening....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
But would keep moisture trapped on the pipes if you deal with a lot of water...and rust things out?

I guess thats possible but if you put a couple good coats of the silicone sealer on the wrap it will help alot. Also if your running the engine after it gets wet it should dry out the wrap quickly. But I guess it depends on how much water your talking about and for how long.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well not really.....I pulled off my stock exhaust this weekend to install a Muzzy system and I needed some extra wrap to finish wrapping the Muzzy system so I pulled it off of my OEM exhaust. The headers did show some light rust....nothing bad but I was surprised. I do know that I didn't always run it after the exhaust was exposed to water to dry it out before putting it to bed.....so unless you are very proactive and always run the engine after the exhaust has gotten wet, the wrap will hold moisture and allow it to rust......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts