Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
clean work..i tend to avoid mud puddles myself.....must be getting old
Old or lazy? The mud from the low deserts is a bitch to get off after it dries (like f'n concrete). 1 mud run at Ocotillio = 1 full season of picking that shit off your rig. You never get it all off...lol

BTW, look very clean [email protected]!ck

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
What is this Mud stuff you speak of.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
What is this Mud stuff you speak of.
Wait till we get a couple of these El Nino storms this winter. The mud stuff I speak of will be quite abundant...lol

Go make a run out to Plaster City after a rain. You'll understand. lol

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Wait till we get a couple of these El Nino storms this winter. The mud stuff I speak of will be quite abundant...lol

Go make a run out to Plaster City after a rain. You'll understand. lol
I try to avoid the stuff when I see it if possible. LOL. I certainly dont go looking for it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Reason for wrapping the exhaust?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Reason for wrapping the exhaust?
Keeping the heat in to aid in scavenging exhaust gas. And also to lower Temps in the engine bay. I only wrap the pipe right buy the clutch cover now as I think the excess heat helps the Cracks develop as it gets the metal brittle by the head pipe.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Reactions: CWBronkhorst

·
Registered
2020 x3 rs rr
32 Posts
Keeping the heat in to aid in scavenging exhaust gas. And also to lower Temps in the engine bay. I only wrap the pipe right buy the clutch cover now as I think the excess heat helps the Cracks develop as it gets the metal brittle by the head pipe.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
I wrapped everything I could for the same reason but also for noise reduction. I removed all the heat shields that vibrated and tinged. We also put some silicone on the exhaust springs. It's much quieter and cooler to drive in the heat.

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,741 Posts
Crisco oil in a garden sprayers grease up the undercarriage

Nowadays newfangled inventions call MUD-X

Did this to my cars down at speedway 117 and the score championship at Riverside Race Way and MT Series

Where have all the tracks gone

·
Registered
278 Posts
What wrap brands do people prefer?

Any known to retain their black color and don't fade over time?

Any that are more weather proof with a tighter weave that grit and dirt wouldn't get clogged up into the fiber?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts