Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the exhaust systems not providing any real gains I was wondering how new end caps would work. Comming from a ds 650, Where the factory exhaust on it worked very well and if you installed a new end cap on it, It produced as much power as any aftermarket exhaust. Still weighted more, but was still quieter than most aftermarket exhausts. I think i'm going to have a couple made. anyone try experimenting yet?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing. The factory tips frankly don't look too cool, and it would be great to have some billet tips with downspouts kinda like the Muzzy's have. I'd really like to see what you come up with, and may be interested myself!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post some pict's when i get them done.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, I would be interested to see some…..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Shoot 11 hp from the barkers exhaust with tuner is a pretty big jump in hp I thought.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what tuner? Did you dyno, if so can you post a pict.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after taking the muffler's off I notice the inside is like a car muffler. (doesn't go straight through). and heavy as shit. slapped a couple lte muffler of my old ds 650 on pulled to 8150 then droped to 8000. then lowest 7950 at top speed. would only pull to 7400-7600 before. I wanted to buy a crossover and do a cat delete as well. Since the new alba system has a crossover i'm going to drop some coin and call it done. Although the lte's were not supper loud but sounded good at idle, I think i could have put the spark aresters back in and been quiet and run better.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I was going to say you wont get any performance from tips. You will need to remove the cat & resonator to gain anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts