Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a windshield on my Max and took it for its first longer ride (hour or so). There appeared to be a strong exhaust smell in the cab after the first 45 minutes (very strong odor). Could it just be that the motor and exhaust just got good and hot for the first time and its just the smell of the exhaust and engine burning off oils and paint from the factory (example: exhaust pipes turns color after it gets good and hot)? I'm just wondering if it's, what I call, break in smell or do mavericks tend to get a bad exhaust smell in the cab because of the location of the engine? I never noticed the smell before, but I didn't have a windshield on and all the rides were 15 minutes or less. I have 50 miles on the Max. The smell was strong, too strong to enjoy the ride. My mom even mentioned the strong smell while in the back seat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's backdraft from your full windshield. Best way it fix it is to install a full rear windshield or use a quarter windshield or a full front that opens and vents.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
^^^^^What he said

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad it's not the norm. I did install the Koplin full tilt windshield, which is awesome. Where do I purchase a full rear window?

By the way the max is awesome. 0 to 65 with no effort and four adults going for a ride,

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't guess you wrapped your header by chance, I know that stuff is strong the first hour or so burning off.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mine smelled pretty good for the 1st ride, then went away, but like other have said you might be getting exhaust fumes wrapping back in the cab from the vortex created by your windshield.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have the brp rear soft window. Guys are using the rear brp screan also but dont get the rear net it wont work. Check the vendor section out they may have something also.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I installed a windshield on my Max and took it for its first longer ride (hour or so). There appeared to be a strong exhaust smell in the cab after the first 45 minutes (very strong odor). Could it just be that the motor and exhaust just got good and hot for the first time and its just the smell of the exhaust and engine burning off oils and paint from the factory (example: exhaust pipes turns color after it gets good and hot)? I'm just wondering if it's, what I call, break in smell or do mavericks tend to get a bad exhaust smell in the cab because of the location of the engine? I never noticed the smell before, but I didn't have a windshield on and all the rides were 15 minutes or less. I have 50 miles on the Max. The smell was strong, too strong to enjoy the ride. My mom even mentioned the strong smell while in the back seat.

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum...ssions/3410-exhaust-circulating-cab-area.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts