Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through most of the reports regarding exhaust installs and I can't seem to fine anyone reporting any major power increase from the aftermarket setup. Has anyone done a before and after comparison or actual dyno results? Muzzy claims 10hp? I am skeptical because when I purchased the muzzy system for my commander it actually slowed me down, even with the tuner and using Muzzys recommendation on the mapping.

Has anyone honestly noticed any difference?

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Good luck getting s straight answer. They all stretch the truth and leave out the fact you have to buy a runner and adjust your clutching to get anything out of your machine. Hell adjusting clutch weights will give you more 0-60 or top end speed.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean Mega. I actually thick the stock exhaust is pretty good on these. Until I can see some actual proof.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
People have reported increases but no one can be satisfied by anyone claims. There is always a reason for suspicion

·
Registered
806 Posts
i actually like the sound of the stock exhaust. Best factory exhaust I've ever heard, and not to loud when cruizing either.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's tough to admit you spent 1000 bucks on an exhaust and it either made no difference or its slower. I posted results on the other forums when I put muzzys on my commander. It was slower no matter how I set the tuner, at best I got it close to stock. I worked with Muzzy for weeks trying different settings and it blew. Before I added the muzzys I ran on my street from mailbox to oak tree 5 times at around 13 seconds. After installing the muzzy/tuner I ran 5 times at around 14 seconds. I worked with muzzy and tuned it and the best I ever did was 13 seconds.

Now with that said I put the dual muzzys on my Rhino with the MSD and it made a huge difference. I downloaded Hunterworks map for the MSD and it rocked, I was really stoked and the results. I ran it up my street 5 times and timed it from mailbox to oak tree and every time it was around 20 seconds. Then I added the muzzy/msd/hunterworks map and I ran 5 times at around 18 seconds. It was a solid return on investment.

So I am going to purchase the Muzzy's for my Mav and run the same test I guess. I'm skeptical due to my experience with my commander.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I ran both a std & pro muzzy on my Teryx and it did make a difference. However I do think it also helped by adding the dynatek cdi. I have ordered the muzzy as well. Saved a couple hundred by ordering from VForce John. Hopefully it won't take much longer to figure out how to reflash our ECU for better performance.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I ran both a std & pro muzzy on my Teryx and it did make a difference. However I do think it also helped by adding the dynatek cdi. I have ordered the muzzy as well. Saved a couple hundred by ordering from VForce John. Hopefully it won't take much longer to figure out how to reflash our ECU for better performance.
Vforce John?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts