Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for more power with a minimum increase in loudness. What are your experiences? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can get more HP to the grd and increase acceleration with aftermarket clutches.also no change in noise level.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
You can get more HP to the grd and increase acceleration with aftermarket clutches.also no change in noise level.
Thats exactly what I told him on the other thread he started….

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so...what clutches should I be using?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
so...what clutches should I be using?
Depends on your budget but most guys think the best value is the QSC primary and STM secondary. QSC was dyno'd by Nate at Alba racing and showed a 10 RWHP increase. This is the setup I have and it rocks.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
depends on your budget but most guys think the best valve is the qsc primary and stm secondary. Qsc was dyno by alba racing and showed a 10 rwhp increase. This is the setup i have and it rocks.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Depends on your budget but most guys think the best valve is the QSC primary and STM secondary. QSC was dyno by Alba racing and showed a 10 RWHP increase. This is the setup I have and it rocks.
I don't want people to think that by putting these clutches on they have 80 rwhp instead of 70 rwhp stock. It's only 1 max rwhp more and 10 rwhp under the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't want people to think that by putting these clutches on they have 80 rwhp instead of 70 rwhp stock. It's only 1 max rwhp more and 10 rwhp under the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Agreed.....but for those that had issues with reaching RPM on the stock clutches, it will be like 10 additional HP since they will be getting all of the power to the wheels since they will be able to hold RPM.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Agreed.....but for those that had issues with reaching RPM on the stock clutches, it will be like 10 additional HP since they will be getting all of the power to the wheels since they will be able to hold RPM.
Unfortunate that some of us have to cough up that kind of coin just to make hp that is there..... Available!!! I call that a kick in the teeth not a hp gain.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Unfortunate that some of us have to cough up that kind of coin just to make hp that is there..... Available!!! I call that a kick in the teeth not a hp gain.
Funny you should say that.....I stopped by my dealer today to get the recall parts so I had them in case I ever wanted to put the stock clutches back on and the service manager asked how I liked my clutches. We talked a bit and out of the blue he said "...it is ashamed that Can Am makes such great engines but can figure out how to make a clutch!" He also said, "...Arctic cat can't make an engine but sure can get every ounce of power to the ground and Polaris.....they make a great clutch but that's where it stops." This was straight from the service manager of a dealership who sells Can AM and Arctic Cat and worked at the BIG local Polaris dealer for over 15 years......just thought it was funny hearing him say the same things we are all saying on here....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Funny you should say that.....I stopped by my dealer today to get the recall parts so I had them in case I ever wanted to put the stock clutches back on and the service manager asked how I liked my clutches. We talked a bit and out of the blue he said "...it is ashamed that Can Am makes such great engines but can figure out how to make a clutch!" He also said, "...Arctic cat can't make an engine but sure can get every ounce of power to the ground and Polaris.....they make a great clutch but that's where it stops." This was straight from the service manager of a dealership who sells Can AM and Arctic Cat and worked at the BIG local Polaris dealer for over 15 years......just thought it was funny hearing him say the same things we are all saying on here....
He's in an easy place to be an honest dealer knowing that if someone wants a side by side they are gonna buy one of those three. Becomes a matter of which possible problems are you willing to settle for. I've been lucky so far, had the recall done and am able to run at consistent rpm..... For now but haven't fully put it through it's paces yet either.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hear ya.....so far they have have been honest and up front with me about anything I wanted to discuss. Some dealers wouldn't have just handed me the parts due to liability reasons but they seem to understand. There are some kids in the back I wouldn't even let wash my Maverick let alone work on it. But I let the shop do my initial service since it was part of the sale. I spent about 30 minutes talking to the mechanic who did the work and I went behind him and checked everything but the valves. He did give me a sheet where he recorded the pre-adjustment values and the post adjustment values. The valves were in tolerance but he adjusted them anyways so they were all dead center in the tolerance range. Even with that said, I don't see anyone else touching my Maverick but me from this point on unless it is a major issue that requires warranty work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
thats funny. my dealer showed me a list on what they were going to do,valves weren't on the list .. its in the owners manual to do.. soo did them myself. just FYI i got 1300 miles on mine..i work the hell out of it. i have changed the trans oil twice already. it gets nasty looking...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
the kitty X clutch is made by team clutches

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum...nam-clutch-bad-check-out-new-kitty-x-lol.html

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thats funny. my dealer showed me a list on what they were going to do,valves weren't on the list .. its in the owners manual to do.. soo did them myself. just FYI i got 1300 miles on mine..i work the hell out of it. i have changed the trans oil twice already. it gets nasty looking...
What did they charge you? Mine was quoted at $410 but it was included in the purchase price…...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts