Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
They were a few years ago when I was in to it. If there's something better now then great. Doesn't mean barkers are bad, just need this is an ever evolving sport.
I agree. I would like to see a exhaust that was not 1000.00 for some stainless piping, and that made a minimum of 5+hp. So far I am not impressed with any of them. I am going to do a cat delete and leave the rest stock.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just dont like the look of the stock mufflers. I mean they're not bad, but they're not good either. I thought about cat delete + slip ons but by that time you're right back up to the price of a full exhaust.

I think one of these days I'll just bite the bullet and order a barker setup and be done with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just dont like the look of the stock mufflers. I mean they're not bad, but they're not good either. I thought about cat delete + slip ons but by that time you're right back up to the price of a full exhaust.

I think one of these days I'll just bite the bullet and order a barker setup and be done with it.
Hurry up cuz I might get one if you like it!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just got my barkers installed tonight. hit's harder when you punch on it , sounds awesome, look's great. as far as the haters, show me any exhaust system that makes the best power for every bike/quad/utv. every manufacturer makes some good some bad. i have run ron woods, and yosh before , good and bad with both. I am happy with the barkers .

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just got my barkers installed tonight. hit's harder when you punch on it , sounds awesome, look's great. as far as the haters, show me any exhaust system that makes the best power for every bike/quad/utv. every manufacturer makes some good some bad. i have run ron woods, and yosh before , good and bad with both. I am happy with the barkers .
Are you running the controller too or just the pipe?

·
Registered
177 Posts
just the pipe now , waiting on monster fuel controller with the dual auto tune to get here, its been 3 week's . I feel like on the top end it need's the controller. won't know until i have something to compare it . I think if all i had was the exhaust i wouldn't need the controller.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wish I knew how loud the Barker is compared to Muzzy. Barker looks the best to me but I don't want it too loud. Ron Woods stuff is way too loud for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
it is loud, at wot. haven't heard the others to compare it to though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ron woods claims 3 db more than stock. Is that too loud? I can't hear the difference at idle. At full throttle it is loud, but I can still talk over it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Maybe 3db at idle, but idle isn't what matters. If they're claiming 3db at idle rather than telling the DB at say 5,000 RPMs, it's cuz they know it's loud as hell and don't want to advertise how loud.

For example, Barker advertises 98db at 5,000 RPMs with quiet cores. Not telling the db without the quiet cores, which is how I assume it ships, tells me it's loud without them and if you want it remotely quiet, plan on spending the $40 for the cores. That being said, I really like the looks of the Barker, more so than any other system out there.

Ron woods claims 3 db more than stock. Is that too loud? I can't hear the difference at idle. At full throttle it is loud, but I can still talk over it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not to upset the flow here but I just had to state a simple fact. Decibels are exponential. Guys in the stereo world know that 3db is a huge jump in sound pressure. Only 10db increase equals twice as loud. So a 3 db more than stock pipe is quite a bit louder. Sorry, carry on.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts