Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best exhaust out there for a maverick. Looking for Inputs. Is it true if you do exhaust you have to do a programmer.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
A lot of people on here will suggest Muzzy and HMF, I am guessing. I wouldn't mind getting a full replacement through Muzzy, but you're talking big $$. My buddy is running exhaust only through Muzzy and he isn't running a programmer. It really depends on how much you're will to spend.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The barker allegedly adds around 10 hp with the controller but I do not have any real world experience. I called them and he sent me a dyno sheet showing it did add around 10 but I don't know of anyone using it to confirm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the two brothers exhaust

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't seem to find a price on the full muzzy. I see the barker is 1100 or so

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really thinking about it but it's not like I'm racing everyone out here. Or trying to be #1 we do a bunch of trail riding including dunes. And we just usually ride in a line one behind the other just like everywhere else

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just bought the barkers from ebay. was listed 950 obo. got it for 900. fit/finish are great. with the large pipe, megaphone into the mufflers. i would say the more add-on's the more possibility's of power gains. A controller might not be mandatory, but it will never live up to it's full potential without one. If it doesn't add any power, the weight savings and cat delete are worth it to me . I like the look's of the two brothers. onl'y downfall is that i think it is only the mufflers . I might be wrong, but that was the deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Check out the muzzys web site, Exhaust is about 1100.00 and you must have a fuel controler. You will see a percentage increase, muzzys is about 11%. All i can say is it works there is a thread on it check it out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am waiting for the Yoshimura exhaust to be released... I don't believe for a second Barkers makes 10hp some have claimed they lost power with Barkers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ron woods exhaust prob be the best bet. He is a rotax guru. His I believe makes 2-3. I would bet it makes more on a dyno than barkers do, all day!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why all the Barker hate? They're the only ones to supply a proven dyno sheet, plus an independent dyno test posted on here showed gains as well. Yet some people still say they don't make power? I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Why all the Barker hate? They're the only ones to supply a proven dyno sheet, plus an independent dyno test posted on here showed gains as well. Yet some people still say they don't make power? I don't get it.
They make power I don't get how anybody says exhaust doesn't make any power when the Dyno sheet isn't lying. Barker isn't going to risk his rep by putting out a rigged Dyno sheet. It works my buddy wrote the map for barker for the maverick and is now doing the xp1000 as we speak.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Barker is THE pipe in the Yamaha 4 stroke world. They know what works and build awesome quality stuff.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Barker is THE pipe in the Yamaha 4 stroke world. They know what works and build awesome quality stuff.
Barker is not the pipe in the yamaha 4 stroke world. I have and built one of the biggest n/a raptors out there. It is a 787 bore and makes 92 hp. I had barkers, went to dmc duals and gained 2 hp. Then went to a under tail dual monster set up, gained another 3 hp. Over 100 dyno runs on a fully programmed msd ignition to prove this. My bike is currently on the cover of sand sports magazine. Plus barkers fit and finish of the rubber clamps, is not up to expectations. Look at the dyno and see if it is laid over speed? If you know how a dyno works, you will then understand their 10hp claim. I have seen Ron woods systems and from what I know about him and motors, I would feel confident that it makes more power than barkers. Please someone prove me wrong.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They were a few years ago when I was in to it. If there's something better now then great. Doesn't mean barkers are bad, just need this is an ever evolving sport.

·
Registered
175 Posts
*means

1 - 20 of 33 Posts