Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CanAm Maverick Sport 1000R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my 2020 Sport 1000R, looking to do a Slip-On Exhaust, any recommendations? I seen the factory options as far as Yoshimura but just looking for possibly cheaper, any thoughts? Also wondering about chips, do they have to be installed to use a slip on? Will it mess with the machine? Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently picked up my 2020 Sport 1000R, looking to do a Slip-On Exhaust, any recommendations? I seen the factory options as far as Yoshimura but just looking for possibly cheaper, any thoughts? Also wondering about chips, do they have to be installed to use a slip on? Will it mess with the machine? Thanks...
Same here I like the yoshimura but that price tag is a bit much for a slip on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Your not gonna gain anything with an exhaust. Just louder noise. If that’s what your after do some googling I don’t think there’s much out there for the sport models yet

·
Registered
2020 CanAm Maverick Sport 1000R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your not gonna gain anything with an exhaust. Just louder noise. If that’s what your after do some googling I don’t think there’s much out there for the sport models yet

I would like a little more rumble myself, I've looked online and even on the can-am page, it's weird how it works, on the stock yoshimura for can-am it looks like it just slips on, if you read on amazon or ebay they say it requires "EFI CONTROLLER REQUIRED " at the bottom. It just throws me through a loop.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the Yoshi that came off my 19 Sport available. $450.00 plus shipping. Had about 600 miles when I removed it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i don't like loud, and for the price, i'm just sticking with my stock. but fisher had a cool vid on the hmf exhaust.

·
Registered
726 Posts
The Yosh slip-on I removed from my MavT after just one trail run of 50 miles is available - cheap. I had it advertised in most-local CL listings until recent days until withdrawn when I left town for a few weeks. Although it is described as Yosh's MavT pipe, this version mounts in same way as MavS variants and should be fully compatible. This version has the simple side exit as shown in my ad pics. Can-Am MSRP is $675 - my asking price $295 for local pick up. I might ship if a suitable box could be found but cost might be high...

Yosh1.jpg Yosh2.jpg Yosh3.jpg Yosh4.jpg Yosh5.jpg Yosh6.jpg

·
Registered
726 Posts
^^^ My belief is that the Yosh version for MavS 1000R utilizes same muffler canister and supplied mtg bracket, however with exhaust outlet on center vs the normal 800/1000 version having its side exhaust outlet (with spark arrester) in similar location as OEM. Other than appearance difference, both versions should sound similar if not identical. Can-Am by Yosh for MavT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts