Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Mav xrs less than a thousand miles.... it quit charging the battery, pulled battery and pulled caps...... dry as a popcorn fart. New battery in box on rear rack, still no charge. Tested wires from mag/charger 2 pair ok, 3rd pairing 0, pulled stator, one fried coil.

I had meant to get the battery location changed but just had not gotten around to it...

Who in their right mind puts a battery inches above the exhaust pipe on the downwind side of the engine heat????? Jerks with stock in Yuasa, poor design.

Anyone else have this happen

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a 2015 Mav 1000R with the battery over the catalytic converter and the 2015 Mav Max with the battery unde the rear seat. Both batteries gave out this year. The hot battery on the Mav lasted 2 months longer than the cool battery under the seat on the Max. Both machine were at the 1100 mile mark. So, same battery life as you, and battery location did not seem to matter. Also, on the Mav, the bed was covered with aluminum diamond plate which probably retained even more heat back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
On my 14 Xrs I built a heat shield with heat reflective pad, and mounted it just below the batt, never had a batt problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't had any issues. My battery was crapping out more from sitting for periods of time with no tender more then the heat was affecting it. Replaced the oem battery just last month. This is on a 14 model bought in March of 14. Almost 4yrs on the stock battery. That's pretty good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts