Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a windshield and roof on, and the exhaust over 35-40 mph circulates back into the driver/passenger area. The odor is so strong that its tough to even stand it for more then a couple miles. Has anyone experienced the same and or have a fix for this. Slowing down and or taking the windshield off is not an option.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
your fuct then. windshields are the devil.

I would ass-ume you have doors too. Drill some 2" holes in the bottom of the windshield to equalize the cabin pressure.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You need the rear soft window or net from brp or whoever, it's creating a vortex and sucking dust and your fumes back in to cab from rear. Once you put that on it won't do it anymore.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine is the same way, I have a EMP windshield and the rear Can am window net, buying the net is not the fix. I have been looking at some brake cooling ducts to mount to the roll bar just above the windshield to move some more around in the cab.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have the soft rear window not the net and i get no exhaust or hardly any dust. The netting may not be enough. This also cured same issue on my popo ranger xp800

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I would think a bed liner might help as well.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have the soft roof, half windshield, doors and rear brp soft screen. Also had the bed liner and now running the trunk box. You will get the vortex effect if not running a rear screen. It will block it out. Net, don't think so, to big. Get the rear soft screen. My buddy has a mander and get the same vortex effect. Screen solved the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off to the dealership i go, I designed my own Full windshield and roof. No doors yet. I will report how the rear window turns out.

Holes in my windshield- yeah that might work but defeats the purpose of the windshield to some extent. I'll let all know my findings

·
Registered
806 Posts
Make sure you get the BRP rear wind screen, not a cargo net.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The new rear "window" works great. I agree the mesh may have helped but not solved the issue. This really did the trick thanks all!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Np glad to help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts