Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CanAm Maverick Sport 1000R
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been debating on an exhaust for my 1000R, Everywhere I've looked has stated that I need to have a fuel tuner to put an exhaust on? Does this sound right to everyone? What if I just put on a Slip-On? What is a fuel tuners purpose for an exhaust? Thanks...

·
Registered
814 Posts
First off, what's your tolerance for significantly increased noise? I installed Can-Am's Yoshimura slip-on pipe on my former MavT 1000 and couldn't stand more than 1 trail ride of 50 miles. Removed same day and still trying to sell it on CL. For me, what an expensive mistake. As is often said, YMMV...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the yoshi slip on and love it even after running it 1100 miles. I believe it depends on the rider. I cant get enough of the vtwin bark. I ride with all polaris and they wish theres sounded as good. No tuner here straight from the dealer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Another 1000r owner here. I have the Yoshi pipe on mine have 1600 miles on the unit now with no issues. It was factory installed. The tech at BRP told me a tuner is not required for the Can Am Yoshi pipes. I don't know about the others. The Yoshimura slip on is definitely loud, so if thats what you're going for, get it. I sure don't mind it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts