Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Now this is interesting. Finally a Digital/Analog Dual Band Radio that can give you the best of both worlds. I bet people will like this offering but there are few details available on the website. I would like to know the frequencies it will both receive and TRANSMIT on and what special things Rugged has done to the radio itself other than rebranding an already existing radio offered by another manufacturer at a significantly reduced price. Not bashing Rugged at all, they are a great company with solid customer service just would like to know details and how they will integrate it with their intercoms.

·
Premium Member
8,256 Posts
Now this is interesting. Finally a Digital/Analog Dual Band Radio that can give you the best of both worlds. I bet people will like this offering but there are few details available on the website. I would like to know the frequencies it will both receive and TRANSMIT on and what special things Rugged has done to the radio itself other than rebranding an already existing radio offered by another manufacturer at a significantly reduced price. Not bashing Rugged at all, they are a great company with solid customer service just would like to know details and how they will integrate it with their intercoms.
I do know the pigtail for the intercom is built in. Tim

Reactions: JDBPFLYER

·
Premium Member
8,256 Posts
The Rugged is pre programmed and has the intercom cable already built in. Tim

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well I wasn’t gonna say it was a certain off the shelf radio that has been available since 2017. In case you’re interested, MIKLOR has done a very thorough review here:

I figured Rugged would have their pigtail instead of the standard configuration for plug and play.

Very doubtful they have waterproofed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts