Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes I did use fine grinding paste to mate both surfaces. KWI 250 will not hold the power, and as heavier arms weights are added, it will compress the the spring sooner and lower the engagement rpm, rendering launch control function Useless.

STM is the way I am heading to.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I missed the 30 inch tire part . I could not get mine right during testing with the little tires when I put my paddles on it was much easier to manage just to much wheel spin in the dirt

·
Registered
52 Posts
True, wheel spin can easily be misguided for belt slippage, but if the run is logged, using the MaptunerX, it can be distinguishable.

I have a set of 30" 16 paddles tires and will try them out as soon I recieve the stiffer springs for my primary.

·
Premium Member
7,547 Posts
And how are you going to distinguish between wheel spin and belt slippage in the maptuner logs? I would like to know this since I take logs often. RPM is all I can think of but that won't distinguish between the two.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And how are you going to distinguish between wheel spin and belt slippage in the maptuner logs? I would like to know this since I take logs often. RPM is all I can think of but that won't distinguish between the two.
Just plot speed and RPM (y axis) vs time (x axis) and compare
Slippage accur where RPMs is climbing but speed is dropping or flattening

·
Premium Member
7,547 Posts
I see, how do you know its not the clutches shifting in some odd fashion?
What program do you use to plot graphs? Ive just been looking at spreadsheets and its not ideal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Update.....

Clutching seems impossible with the 50 grams supertips arms. I tried many different primary springs, soft to hard, and could not get the rpm anywhere below 8800 mark after shift out.
Optimum rpm is in the range of 8200-8300rpm
STM recommended the 60ys supertips as the 50ys arms are heavily loaded with 28+ grams of weights. This will allow better flexibility in adjustment weights placement on the arms.

·
Premium Member
7,547 Posts
At shiftout or after? After shiftout your clutches are done and rpm will just increase with speed. With the FP green turbo, I am at 8200rpm consistently and steadily all the way to shiftout. With room to play with adjustable weights if i increase power. FP green is about as big as one can go in the stock exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
At shiftout or after? After shiftout your clutches are done and rpm will just increase with speed. With the FP green turbo, I am at 8200rpm consistently and steadily all the way to shiftout. With room to play with adjustable weights if i increase power. FP green is about as big as one can go in the stock exhaust manifold.
Update.....

Clutching seems impossible with the 50 grams supertips arms. I tried many different primary springs, soft to hard, and could not get the rpm anywhere below 8800 mark after shift out.
STM recommended the 60ys supertips as the 50ys arms are heavily loaded with 28+ grams of weights. This will allow better flexibility in adjustment weights placement on the arms.

My 18 Xds with stock clutch and stage1 tune will peg the tach at 8300rpm's and hold it there till I ease off the go peddle.

435 Posts
Update.....

How are you testing the clutching? You should be rolling at about 5-8 mph on a flat paved or concrete surface, go wot up to about 75. By then you should have hit shift out and the car will just continue to increase revs with speed. When you stab the throttle it should flash up just barley above your desired rpm and then fall back a little amount and stay in that range until it hits shift out. If it flashes real high and then falls way off you need to adjust. Also just get the X250 kit and call it a day. Plenty of us running it from 210 whp up to 300 whp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I data log my trial runs. refer to attached graph for rpm profile. Currently clutch arms (4 of them) are weighing 79 grams each with the tips load the heaviest.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts