Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
plenty popular, have you looked around at the Sand show, Glamis, Dumont, Sand Mnt Nevada or St Anthony in the last 6 months?

you can plug and play with just injectors and exhaust and get a 17-19 up to 220hp at the crank pretty easily on 110 or E-85, a 2020 can get to 245hp just as easy for around $1600-$2500 depending on exhaust. You can go on the cheap and slice out the cat, hack the stock muffler, buy (3) injectors and have ECU flashed all for around $1k and look like a bone stock machine and haul ass. I do these upgrades for all my friends in about 4 hrs.

Doing intake / intercoolers and big turbos like your asking about is where you need some money $5-$9k but this easily puts you well over 300+HP no problem. This is a full weekend build, or some of us have done it piece by piece as we get the money. Doing head studs is def recommended but some will say not required, I think it should be standard when going above 300hp to avoid a ruined weekend.

On both scenarios above, I would budget an additional $1200 for clutch upgrades to include springs, weights, re-balance, float mod and a custom helix cut to bring it all together so you can put the power to the ground.

No different then any of the rzr's you are used to, the X3 factory clutch is superior to the POS rzr clutches

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
almost all the big turbo kits out now use the same cast exhaust manifold
sad that most do not specify what size or brand their turbo is....
the only one that does is WSRD and theirs is Xona Rotor 42mm
I measured my boondocker and its only 38mm, inducer with a custom compressor housing
like the evo and that makes it hard to tell who made the turbo
KWI has been working with John Whalen on 300+hp cars so Im sure Kris will have a few options available, like stm clutches
Your turbo is only measuring 38mm at the compressor inducer?!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have completed the installation of my DS320 kit. All done and ready, but tune files for the 2020 models are not yet released. Once available, I shall write a review for you all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have head studs, intercooler, dynimite turbo, CP rods and pistons, all coming. Just wondering who has problems with intake manifolds breaking.
Have 15k to work with just want to make sure I get what I need and don't waste money on what looks good.
we are going for 325+ HP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have installed the EVP billet intake plenum already when I had the Stage 6 Sand Blaster kit installed. I have installed all necessary parts and accessories along with the ARP head Studs. Yet, I have not change any engine internals so far, but I will be when I pass the 320hp mark in the near future. Currently the DS-320 kit is good to go w/o any internal engine mods.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I have head studs, intercooler, dynimite turbo, CP rods and pistons, all coming. Just wondering who has problems with intake manifolds breaking.
Have 15k to work with just want to make sure I get what I need and don't waste money on what looks good.
we are going for 325+ HP.

ok, as for intakes. There have been some that have split for sure. Some guys put steel bands on them, drill and epoxy the corners and the flanges. Another option is to line-X the entire stock intake which is def the cheapest way to go. I do think at the power you are going for and not wanting issues that could ruin a weekend that you either need to do the line-x or drop $2k on an aftermarket intake. I did see a 4 seat machine at glamis on new years that had a big turbo set-up and cracked intake in one of the vendor booths getting a new aluminum intake installed.

If you have $15k budget for your customer, hopefully you have some clutch money in that number?

You could always do the intake wrap or bands for now and have that as next item to do? I can see since you are doing pistons / rods that your labor added to this is going to smoke that $15k pretty quick and wanting best bang for the buck is important at the HP you are targeting.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I bought my EVO intake from Kombustion for $1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for your guys knowledge and support. Went ahead and ordered the billet plenum and just figured get the camshafts also, just so you know, this motor broke an intake valve and damaged block and head, that is one of reasons we are doing pistons and rods, since its apart not much extra work other that filing ring gaps. Turbo showed up yesterday, just waiting on intercooler and rest of goodies, I will start a thread and show progress as it goes if anyone interested.
Also this will be all EVO top to bottom!

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Thanks for your guys knowledge and support. Went ahead and ordered the billet plenum and just figured get the camshafts also, just so you know, this motor broke an intake valve and damaged block and head, that is one of reasons we are doing pistons and rods, since its apart not much extra work other that filing ring gaps. Turbo showed up yesterday, just waiting on intercooler and rest of goodies, I will start a thread and show progress as it goes if anyone interested.
Also this will be all EVO top to bottom!
Nice . Excited to see the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gary did you order billet intake manifold, do you know what rpm they recd for this kit?
Not sure what I’m getting yet on intake yet Donnie. I hear 8800-9100 rpm.
EVO has two intakes that will be available, first one is fabricated like the one the offered above but redesigned. It should be available in the next week or so. The second is the Billet one they are selling. Will see what the performance is on both of them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My buddy called EVO today just ordered the billet one, one reason is they said the welded ones are 5 weeks out. Im sure if money not a problem then you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
be awesome if when your done you guys dyno it and post up the results. I def think you will be above 325HP

·
Registered
27 Posts
I do have access to dyno if time permits, he is wanting to make Glamis for President weekend. I have 2 other BIG Z1 build that also want to be ready that are ahead of him so have my work cut out for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have completed the installation of my DS320 kit. All done and ready, but tune files for the 2020 models are not yet released. Once available, I shall write a review for you all.
Tune-files are in, made few runs on 30" bighorns tires and logged them. the clutch could not handle the power . I then installed STM Rage 4 primary and secondary and still I had belt slippage through out the power band. Max RPM recorded was 9140rpm at launch and 9180rpm at the end of the 300ft run.
I cannot just take it to the dyno unless the clutch is tuned properly.

Any suggestions on clutch setup as a take-off point.... (springs and weights)

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Did you bond the rage 4 primary to the crank properly?
STM not needed, KWI X250 kit

41 - 60 of 80 Posts