Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is that 32psi of boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thereabouts. We have 6 kits in the hands of dealers and 1 consumer. The 110 tune is solid. The E85 needs a little refinement. We anticipate an October 15th release date.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
the 6 GT kit is out
must call for price
they will want to sell you a ton of extras...like intake manifold

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
the 6 GT kit is out
must call for price
they will want to sell you a ton of extras...like intake manifold
Chris, an intake manifold is necessary. The OEM plenum will exploded into a million pieces at the worst possible time (like 20 miles out in the sand dunes). I have had it happen personally....

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I saw that 🤓
Stage 6GT kit is still under R&D, and there few issues to be resolved.
The GT kit is ready and is being sold on a limited basis. The biggest obstacle to selling these kits in volume is the fact that the exhaust manifold has to be ported. We only have a limited number of cores, so it is difficult to mass produce. Eventually we will move this kit over entirely to either the Desert Storm turbo which has huge power potential, but is higher priced, or another lower priced complete turbo that we have been working on.

BTW, a GT kit won the duner class at the Little Sahara, Oklahoma Sand Drags this weekend...

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We are moving away from the GT turbo due to the fact that the exhaust manifold has to be machined. This creates a core exchange hassle for both the consumer and for us. We commissioned a new turbocharger to be built which is called Dynomite. The Dynomite is the replacement for the GT. We have 25 turbochargers due in for this kit within the next two weeks.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
We are moving away from the GT turbo due to the fact that the exhaust manifold has to be machined. This creates a core exchange hassle for both the consumer and for us. We commissioned a new turbocharger to be built which is called Dynomite. The Dynomite is the replacement for the GT. We have 25 turbochargers due in for this kit within the next two weeks.
What horse power numbers are you seeing with this new dynamite kit? Also will the dynamite kit have cams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
320 engine. No cams required. For those looking for more, our Desert Storm kit with cams is north of 400

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any news?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any real reviews with these kits yet? Installing one for a buddy, would like to hear how people are doing with them. My buddy also sent his stock clutches to KWI, has anyone else seen these intake problems, I am recd one but things add up quick.💲

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any real reviews with these kits yet? Installing one for a buddy, would like to hear how people are doing with them. My buddy also sent his stock clutches to KWI, has anyone else seen these intake problems, I am recd one but things add up quick.💲
Donnie,
Nice to see you over here on the dark side! As you know the kits just started shipping. Mine should be here any day. Once installed I will do a review. One thing to check is KWI rpm calibration may be off from EVO recommendation for these kits.
Good Luck! Gary

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
almost all the big turbo kits out now use the same cast exhaust manifold
sad that most do not specify what size or brand their turbo is....
the only one that does is WSRD and theirs is Xona Rotor 42mm
I measured my boondocker and its only 38mm, inducer with a custom compressor housing
like the evo and that makes it hard to tell who made the turbo
KWI has been working with John Whalen on 300+hp cars so Im sure Kris will have a few options available, like stm clutches

21 - 40 of 58 Posts