Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Darn you guys! Is an upgrade from the normal stage 6 possible? Also, my STM secondary self destructed this weekend. Hoping there are better clutching options on the horizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, stock clutches. STM not a good option at all
From a functional standpoint or due to maintenance etc? I really like to hookup from a stop and engine braking with the STM but I did loose top end. Curious what my options are before I dump more money into repairing STM setup. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
From a functional standpoint or due to maintenance etc? I really like to hookup from a stop and engine braking with the STM but I did loose top end. Curious what my options are before I dump more money into repairing STM setup. Thanks

Expensive maintenance and noise. STM might be good in the snow but dust and dirt they just get destroyed.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
STM machining is jewelry for clutches but if it isn’t a trailer queen with no covers, stick with stock with altered internals to suit your needs. Even in sleds they require more maintenance than one cares to do.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
looks like this one has the new cam in it

·
Registered
31 Posts
STM machining is jewelry for clutches but if it isn’t a trailer queen with no covers, stick with stock with altered internals to suit your needs. Even in sleds they require more maintenance than one cares to do.
What kind of belt life and temps are you guys seeing with stock worked clutches at stage 6 power levels? On STM I’m usually at 160-180 in the sand with 10 paddle warlocks and 150-170 on the trails with heavy 32” tires. I’m getting about 3-400 miles per belt if I race a lot and do a lot of hill shooting at the dunes. I wasn’t even getting 100 miles from my KWI worked stock clutches. Any first hand data appreciated as we all try to figure this out. Thanks

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Darn you guys! Is an upgrade from the normal stage 6 possible? Also, my STM secondary self destructed this weekend. Hoping there are better clutching options on the horizon.

Yes, upgrade from a normal stage 6 is fairly straightforward. All of the same components are used (injectors, exhaust, intake, charge tubes, bov and normal stage 6 hardware) You would be adding Cams and a ported throttle body plus the turbo mod. We are still durability testing, so it will be 30-45 days until we have pricing and final details.

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of belt life and temps are you guys seeing with stock worked clutches at stage 6 power levels? On STM I’m usually at 160-180 in the sand with 10 paddle warlocks and 150-170 on the trails with heavy 32” tires. I’m getting about 3-400 miles per belt if I race a lot and do a lot of hill shooting at the dunes. I wasn’t even getting 100 miles from my KWI worked stock clutches. Any first hand data appreciated as we all try to figure this out. Thanks

Belts temps are not too bad. We see temps around 180 running hard, but you can spike over 200 if running back to back hill climbs, etc. Best way to preserve the belt is to drive by belt temp!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Belts temps are not too bad. We see temps around 180 running hard, but you can spike over 200 if running back to back hill climbs, etc. Best way to preserve the belt is to drive by belt temp!
Yes, you’re right it’ll climb past 200 if you are doing big hills and on the throttle a lot. It drops really quick though when you back off a bit. Definitely a huge advocate of a belt temp gauge now!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
wow 30psi boost and not even 300hp these tiny motors are junk, they cant flow for shit

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Yes, upgrade from a normal stage 6 is fairly straightforward. All of the same components are used (injectors, exhaust, intake, charge tubes, bov and normal stage 6 hardware) You would be adding Cams and a ported throttle body plus the turbo mod. We are still durability testing, so it will be 30-45 days until we have pricing and final details.

Great work guys as usual!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is this ready to order yet..:smile:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts