Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evolution Powersports X ds Turbo Base ECU Program is DONE!

We have been working hard on tuning of the Maverick X ds for some time now. Last night we completed our tune which nets 20 wheel hp more than a stock X ds! This is on a 100% otherwise stock machine. Today we will be testing stock tunes with our cat bypass and "Double Barrel" exhaust. We will likely offer a stock tune with fuel corrections for exhaust components for those who don't want to make more than stock boost.

After this has been completed, we will be tuning with our exhaust components in place.

Pictures, dynos and videos to follow. We are planning on bringing the machine to Glamis this weekend to put some hard test miles on it and get some good datalogs to ensure everything is running within safe parameters in real world conditions. Stay tuned!!!

·
Premium Member
7,289 Posts
If you're headed to Glamis this weekend from Mn. You should have left two days ago. Lol. Are you really going to be there this weekend ? I am headed there now but with my sand car . Had to leave the X DS at home . Tim

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're headed to Glamis this weekend from Mn. You should have left two days ago. Lol. Are you really going to be there this weekend ? I am headed there now but with my sand car . Had to leave the X DS at home . Tim
LOL! No the Mav is at our Tempe AZ Motorsports Facility...Only 4 hours.

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the stock tune compensate for just slip ons?
I did not test the stock file with just slip ons. I will be on the dyno again Monday. We are at 115 WHP from 90 WHP (25 whp over stock with our tune and slip on mufflers). I will be installing our cat delete pipe and see what she does Monday. I will also be testing just slip on mufflers and our cat delete to see if any fuel changes are needed. Off to Glamis to get a couple hundred test miles logged on this beast.

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So we are 0ot testing the new X ds Turbo in Glamis today. I am putting test miles on the Evolution Powersports +25 HP ECU calibration / Exhaust combo. I just got back from 70 HARD miles through the dunes using 91 octane fuel. The good: It HAULS THE MAIL!!!! It is VERY fast and super responsive. The bad: It needs some suspension tuning from Alex Reed in a big way. More details later. I hope to have at least 300 test miles on the machine this weekend. 20141122_125201.jpg 20141122_125220.jpg

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
So we are 0ot testing the new X ds Turbo in Glamis today. I am putting test miles on the Evolution Powersports +25 HP ECU calibration / Exhaust combo. I just got back from 70 HARD miles through the dunes using 91 octane fuel. The good: It HAULS THE MAIL!!!! It is VERY fast and super responsive. The bad: It needs some suspension tuning from Alex Reed in a big way. More details later. I hope to have at least 300 test miles on the machine this weekend. View attachment 16147 View attachment 16148

So this is a 91oct specific reflash?...so the extra 20rwhp is with 91oct?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Iam curious about whether or not a retune is necessary if u add slipons.iam looking at adding slipons in the near future to my xds

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can do the reflash at any time. You would break the machine in the same way either with or without the flash.

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Iam curious about whether or not a retune is necessary if u add slipons.iam looking at adding slipons in the near future to my xds
We are testing a variety of combinations this week. We will post if fueling corrections are needed for slip ons and cat bypass pipes.

·
Vendor
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All work done last week was verified at the dunes over the weekend. There were 0 issues, hiccups, check engine lights, etc. The tune is solid.

Exhaust and Reflash packages will be up on our website in approximately 1 week.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts