Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to get out and put some miles on the Evo stage 4 kit. This consists of the exhaust, cat delete and tuning. I will start with saying their products are with out a doubt top notch. The welds are clean and the construction is solid. I was surprised how heavy the mufflers were! Not a bad thing just very heavy gauge stainless. Install was easy and straight forward with the cat delete. The exhaust was very simple as well however I did have to bend the hanger brackets to fit over the curve in the support brace and wish to rear pipe was a little longer. It was a little tricky to get it to sit far enough back to completely cover the relief in the pipe on the muffler to not leak. Also takes a little tweaking to get it to sit straight. Again not bad to do but takes a little time. The ecu is a pain but that has nothing to do with them. As for the sound when if first installed it, it was notably lower tone however I didn't feel it was much louder. Sense this time have now put about 200miles on and the exhaust just keeps sounding better and better. when I rev it now you know its there and sounds very muscular, no raspy/reverberation at all. Now to the important part, the ride. I just have to say the stock maverick xds is fun fast and great. This however is better, and I don't mean a little bit. I have a small track I ride on regularly and when I first put this on originally I had lost about 3 seconds off my lap time. This was however because this thing now accelerates so much harder I was having to slam on my brakes more and get way off line faster and was not smooth at all! I have sense managed to get used to the extra power and how to push it harder and make it perform to my advantage and am now consistently making it around my small track between 5-6 seconds per lap average! On the trails it is an absolute monster I drive a lot of tight wooded trails and am actually finding my self using eco mode more because of the sensitivity in throttle response in sport over the bumps. (btw I have seen over 80 in eco mode now thanks to 100% throttle) After you put this into sport mode It makes the throttle response absolutely insane you do 1/4 pedal movement and its revving to 6k RPM! My top speed recorded on gps so far is 84mph and it was still climbing slowly but the road and terrain didn't want me to go anymore. Stock 0-60 was great and then would slow down and top about 81-82. Now it just pulls to 75+ like its nothing you look down and are almost in disbelief at the speeds. I believe with clutch work this thing has the power to pull 90+ but for now with stock clutch 84G Gps is good. It also Makes it Handle in a very different fashion. I can now drive harder into corners and instead of breaking hard to re-aim and then get back on it , I can now just let off a little let the nose settle and then mash is and do a crazy fun 4wd drift that puts a big ol grin from ear to ear:in love:. (not to mention the exhaust note!). I haven't had much of a chance to drag race anything meaningful but I will say it had no problem out running my 15 scrambler 1000 and my friends 2013 raptor 700. (he was not happy as now both my machines are faster then his). Anyways that's my own personal opinion and review of Evolution Power sports Stage 4 kit. I would happily recommend it to anyone that wants to take their Machine to the next level. Sorry for being so long winded just wanted to be through!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
Nice review...now race it against a stock vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts