Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased EVO's shift tek ST-205 for my '19 X3. After installing 32" tires I noticed a drop in RPM's from a start and coming out of corners. So, I did a test on dry pavement from a stop and floored it. My RPM's were around 7500 and slowly climbing. Then I installed their clutch kit and really noticed the change. Prior to the clutch, backing out of the garage the RPM's were 1950 to move the car, now the car doesn't move until 2600 RPM's. Performed the same test and it spun the tires and the RPM's stayed at 8100.
Haven't been able to take it out in the desert yet but I
think it will be much faster out of corners. Engine is all stock as well
f

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
535 Posts
I purchased EVO's shift tek ST-205 for my '19 X3. After installing 32" tires I noticed a drop in RPM's from a start and coming out of corners. So, I did a test on dry pavement from a stop and floored it. My RPM's were around 7500 and slowly climbing. Then I installed their clutch kit and really noticed the change. Prior to the clutch, backing out of the garage the RPM's were 1950 to move the car, now the car doesn't move until 2600 RPM's. Performed the same test and it spun the tires and the RPM's stayed at 8100.
Haven't been able to take it out in the desert yet but I
think it will be much faster out of corners. Engine is all stock as well View attachment 271396 f
I've got the 235 kit and it was perfect with the 3R tune and 33" 59 Lb. wheel/tire. 8200 rpm and 2200 rpm engagement.
I didn't use their primary spring as I'm not using their launch control.
If you used the primary spring you will have to put stock back in to lower RPM.
Do you have two lighter arms? I have 4 of one and two lighter ones. I don't remember the color or weight.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the 235 kit and it was perfect with the 3R tune and 33" 59 Lb. wheel/tire. 8200 rpm and 2200 rpm engagement.
I didn't use their primary spring as I'm not using their launch control.
If you used the primary spring you will have to put stock back in to lower RPM.
Do you have two lighter arms? I have 4 of one and two lighter ones. I don't remember the color or weight.

I did put in their orange spring in. As for the weights, it came with 4 lighter weights gold in color and 2 heavier weights black in color.
Wound up making my own clutch tool for $10 instead of $249-300. It's nice having a Bridgeport and a lathe at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts