Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my 21 rr tuned by evo. I bought the code shooter with they're shift tek kit. So first took for ever to get the purple spring secondary spring and they ended up sending a black with purple stripe and card saying this spring is exactly the same. Then I got my ecu back from them and when I tried to start and connect code shooter I got a check engine message and the ! Lite up and no start. Code shooter couldn't connect....so talked to evo and they said the didn't flash ecu and I gotta send it back....got it back, code shooter connected, downloaded 3r tune(I think because i have s21 phone), i adjusted clutches for the 91 3r tune, set crack pressure. Took it for a drive and reved up to 8400 rpms on the street with 32's and 7000ft elevation. That doesn't seem right for the tune calling for around 8k. So I thought maybe I didn't flash it right because in the instructions it says with s21 phone must re-energize dash by pressing start/stop button because with this phone it takes to long.....so after doing this..the flash process froze....tried to restart it and now get the check engine message again with ! Light on again and code shooter can't connect again like before when they couldn't flash it.....any one ever have this before...frustrated, can't talk to anyone at evo..hopeing someone else had similar experience....just about fed up at this point...

· Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,761 Posts
8,400 RPM is fine and you adjust that with your secondary clutch spring load. As far as flashing goes, you will likely have to send it back again so they can force the tune to the ECU.
So glad I have a 2020 RR that is easy to flash and tune. Good Luck.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8,400 RPM is fine and you adjust that with your secondary clutch spring load. As far as flashing goes, you will likely have to send it back again so they can force the tune to the ECU.
So glad I have a 2020 RR that is easy to flash and tune. Good Luck.
Ya I that's what I was thinking....but isn't the rpm supposed to be around 8000? Do I bring the rpms down my goin down a spot on helix or up?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I'd follow up, evo was able to restore the tune through the codeshooter remotely, which was awesome. There was a way I could of done it without calling but can't remember procedure. I think it had to do with unplugging codeshooter while app was open. But not sure if that's correct. But yay running again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts