Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with getting their large charge tube to seat properly? The tube is a good 1” to short IMO. I had to put a lot of tension on the tube to get the clamps secured on both ends. So much tension it was deforming/collapsing the tube in the middle.

I found if I ran the tube underneath instead of on top of the large plastic hook/rest that it relieved the tension.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wasn't able too put it in the original place neither, it is a little bit shorter indeed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you guys that put charge tubes on your X3 noticed a change/improvement in performance? Did you do the BOV too? Are you guys running high boost is that why you put them on? I am contemplating getting them for my car but I won’t be running a ton of boost, it will be similar to a 18 3R tune. Just curious if they are worth the money or is it more for looks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
605 Posts
It was a little tight but mine fit just fine.
CIMG4386.JPG

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed a set of the Evo tubes this weekend and they went on and fit fine in the factory location

·
Registered
152 Posts
I installed mine almost a year ago and did not like the fit. I took it to a local business (MaxxedOut MotorSports, great customer service) to get the ECU flashed and I let them know I was going to complain to EVO about the fit. When I picked up my X3, they had made it fit so I did not pursue further and the bands have held the tension (that I know is on the poorly fitting charge tube) for about 400 hard dune miles so I think it's good to go.

Pic below shows short and mis-aligned/offset

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There’s no doubt I could have forced it to fit and those clamps are really strong and would have held no problem, but I just didnt like how much tension there was. I’m just going to run with it below the mount but yeah for the price not really happy with the fit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There’s no doubt I could have forced it to fit and those clamps are really strong and would have held no problem, but I just didnt like how much tension there was. I’m just going to run with it below the mount but yeah for the price not really happy with the fit.
I had to mount mine below the mount too, was the only way if not I had to much tension too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
So I installed my tubes today and the fit was so tight from stretching both sides to their respective place that my tube was collapsed at that hanger mount. I decided just to cut the plastic and remove that piece then secure the tube another way. The tube is still too short because it's snugged up tight on the fan behind it (I removed the whole rear body to make the evo upgrades easier for me and had a real good vantage point). Thinking I'll put something between them to prevent abrasion.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I installed my tubes today and the fit was so tight from stretching both sides to their respective place that my tube was collapsed at that hanger mount. I decided just to cut the plastic and remove that piece then secure the tube another way. The tube is still too short because it's snugged up tight on the fan behind it (I removed the whole rear body to make the evo upgrades easier for me and had a real good vantage point). Thinking I'll put something between them to prevent abrasion.
Send it back and tell EVO to work on their quality control.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I'l give them a shout tomorrow and report back.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
EVO is aware that the tubes run on the shorter side. The associate I spoke with wasn't very chatty on the subject and I eventually dropped it. I already had mine installed and the plastic cut before I found this thread so I'll press on. Strange how some have issues and others don't though.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bout what I expected. I will be sure to bad mouth their tubes if anyone comes on here looking for recommendations. Wish I had gone with a different vendors.

·
Registered
443 Posts
EVO is aware that the tubes run on the shorter side. The associate I spoke with wasn't very chatty on the subject and I eventually dropped it. I already had mine installed and the plastic cut before I found this thread so I'll press on. Strange how some have issues and others don't though.
So they know there is a problem and they offered no fix? Is this how EVO takes care of there customers..... For the money people pay for a charge tube it should be a direct fit no cutting no tweeking needed! It's obviously a quality control issue I'm curious how long EVO has know about the issue and if they have fixed it or just kept shipping out flawed part's ????

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
So they know there is a problem and they offered no fix? Is this how EVO takes care of there customers..... For the money people pay for a charge tube it should be a direct fit no cutting no tweeking needed! It's obviously a quality control issue I'm curious how long EVO has know about the issue and if they have fixed it or just kept shipping out flawed part's ????
I hear what you guys are saying. I asked if there had been another production run thinking maybe they had corrected the problem but the only thing rep said is that "they run on the shorter side". With that information I assume they have not made any changes. While I'm disappointed at the fitment for the price tag, I already modified my car to make it work. Honestly, It seems everything I do to my car requires some kind of modification to make it go. It's like someone else said on another thread, it seems +/- 1/4" is close enough on these cars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts