Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have clutch kits available and ready to ship for the 17' X3. We have individual weights and springs available as well for anyone that's just looking for something individual. We have the clutch puller and compression tool to help with install as well, all in stock. Our severe duty belt is also available for the X3 and is in stock. The only tool that helps out that we don't sell is the holding tool to keep the clutches from spinning. We use the Can Am holding tool, part # 529036428. If you have any questions let me know or give us a call to place an order. Thanks for the patience on the kits being available!

·
Registered
853 Posts
We now have clutch kits available and ready to ship for the 17' X3. We have individual weights and springs available as well for anyone that's just looking for something individual. We have the clutch puller and compression tool to help with install as well, all in stock. Our severe duty belt is also available for the X3 and is in stock. The only tool that helps out that we don't sell is the holding tool to keep the clutches from spinning. We use the Can Am holding tool, part # 529036428. If you have any questions let me know or give us a call to place an order. Thanks for the patience on the kits being available!
When will the kits be on the website?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kits should be available on the website by later tonight. Pictures won't be on there yet I don't think, but you should be able to order later tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
895 Posts
more info please, rpm at wot and clutch engagement rpm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more info please, rpm at wot and clutch engagement rpm
We saw top end rpms jump to 7300-7600 when accelerating, and then pulling up to 8200-8300 at top speed. As far as engagement we are sitting right around 2100-2200 rpm.

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont' under stand why the X3 kit is for 27 to 28 inch paddles. Who runs a shorter paddle than the stock tire? Tim
All of the paddle tire kits get listed like that, but it's not always the case. We actually did testing in the dunes with 30's so that kit is really set up to run a 30" paddle tire, or around that range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No chit, how about 32's
I've sold that kit to several people running a 32" paddle and had good feedback. You should be good to go running it with a 32", you could just give us a call and we'll make sure we don't need to make any adjustments depending on your other mods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do the arms have adjustable weights on them?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
They are a fixed weight that is non-adjustable. We have a range of weights that we use to set up the kits depending on your tires and riding style, as well as other mods you may have.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Justin,
I installed the dune kit in my 4 seat X3. Seems engagement kicks in at 2500 rpm... is that what you guys tested also?
I was running my tires at 8 psi and the tires are 29 inch tall if that means anything. I never went over 6500 rpm while still breaking in the engine. I am at 10 hours after this weekends trip of trail riding in the desert.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Justin,
I installed the dune kit in my 4 seat X3. Seems engagement kicks in at 2500 rpm... is that what you guys tested also?
I was running my tires at 8 psi and the tires are 29 inch tall if that means anything. I never went over 6500 rpm while still breaking in the engine. I am at 10 hours after this weekends trip of trail riding in the desert.
Hey Manny,
We were seeing about 2100-2200 for engagement with an all terrain tire. We saw about 1700-1800 stock. If you have the paddles on hard pack or like a cement floor in the garage the engagement will be a little higher. If you have the paddle tire in the sand it should be a little bit less than a paddle on hard pack. We tested in the dunes with a 30" paddle and saw it hit about 75-7600 rpm on hard pack, and about 72-7500 in the sand while duning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts