Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I was out dunning this past weekend, searching for a ride and came across a group of sand rails, so i fell in behind them. It was a really cool, fast, smooth flowing ride from bowl to bowl. I was having a blast. when we stopped, the guys came over and was really bragging on the Mav, they were impressed on its speed and handling. They said every time they looked back, there I was. We mounted up and got started up again. All of a sudden the ride was different, pretty choppy. We went over the same double sided razor 3 times. Then, they started coming over the top of bowls at a 90 degree angle then banking hard right, powering back into the bowl and riding it around. When I came over the top and saw what they were doing, I didn't attempt turning into the bowl like they were, just knowing i would flip her, I rode the bowl straight down to the bottom and fell in on the other side of the bowl. After the third time these guys doing that, I decided it was time to bail cause these pecker heads were trying to get me to roll down the hill. I really have been dunning on quads for over 20 years, and have lots of experience leading and following. I knew better, there's no reason to take bowls like that, let alone three times. What do you guys think ?? were they trying to flip me ?? Anybody have a similar experience following sand rails ?? Is there a rivalry between sand rails and side by sides ??

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't know what they were doing, maybe showing off. Everyone I know with a rail would never try to hurt someone else. All great people.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
funny u found a black and yellow group to , lol

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Sounds to me like they were just trying to make the ride harder for you since it was so easy for you to keep up the first time. Doesn't make sense for them to intentionally put you in danger. You're over thinking it

·
Registered
728 Posts
I like the way you think. Maybe not about trying to flip you but not following a bad plan.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the way you think. Maybe not about trying to flip you but not following a bad plan.
Maybe you guys are right, and I am over thinking it. Maybe they were just trying to give me more of a challenge, But in the heat in the moment, it sure felt as if they were trying to make me wreck. At the very least, it seemed as if they were proving a point. . . .Like. . . ."OK Dude, Lets see your Maverick do this". . . .If thats the case, at least I didnt have to take a second mortgage to go play in the sand. . . .LOL. . . .I'd be trying to prove a point too if I spent upwards of 60K on my ride, and a Maverick was climbing up my ass. . . .

·
Registered
57 Posts
I doubt any of them have four-wheel drive!
:big smile:

·
Registered
680 Posts
I've had a handful of Sandrail guys put down utv's and say how crappy they are compared to rails. Then I've gone out on rides with them and they start pushing their rails and I can keep up no problem. Lots of side hilling and things like that and I did it right behind them. You would be surprised on how your Mav will handle side hilling. After that they let me lead the group and let's say they were having to run there rails to keep up. So I definetly get where you are coming from thinking they were trying to get you to push the limits

Reactions: BMOC and Andy

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I have ridden most of this season with a couple different groups of sand cars. They would shoot up hills they thought I wouldn't be able to make, run thru the bowls at speeds they didn't think I could do, and done rides they thought I would need more gas to make. Most end up pretty impressed at the Maverick's capabilities. Like Tzenev said...I end up leading alot of the time, with them driving harder than they normally do. :big smile:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
They can only do that Kinda shit in some dune fields. Make them follow you into a technical short field or run towards China wall fast and those Shit boxes will go home. LOL. Most sandrail guys are to slow to follow and it sucks to ride with them. They like the Big open Stuff.

Reactions: BMOC and sand shark

·
Registered
680 Posts
Lol I love leading a group of buggies and run through the open dunes here in Oregon then dive into some narrow beach trails, they stomp the brakes cause there scared to run the trails like we can.

Reactions: Pnutz

·
Registered
568 Posts
To the OP, I think you explained it in your first post. They had no problem with you following them until you stopped and bs'd with them. I doubt it had to do with them being rails, just you in general.

XPEE1k killer

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
ouch.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Lol I love leading a group of buggies and run through the open dunes here in Oregon then dive into some narrow beach trails, they stomp the brakes cause there scared to run the trails like we can.
I love those those twisty and whooped out Beach trails at Florence and Winchester... Hope we never meet, head on.. Always in the back of my mind stabbing 50+ though those trails...

Not my video... But wish I was there now!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I love those those twisty and whooped out Beach trails at Florence and Winchester... Hope we never meet, head on.. Always in the back of my mind stabbing 50+ though those trails...
I've though of that too. It would suck to head on someone going that fast!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Not my video... But wish I was there now!
Man, those trails are really cool. I live in the wrong part of the country...that sort of riding is what I'd love. And absolutely gorgeous area too. Is that salt water? Or a big damn lake? Saltwater can't be terribly good for machines.

BTW, both of you 2 arguing need to zip it. Right now you both look like fools...good lord. Put away the e-peens.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Man, those trails are really cool. I live in the wrong part of the country...that sort of riding is what I'd love. And absolutely gorgeous area too. Is that salt water? Or a big damn lake? Saltwater can't be terribly good for machines.

BTW, both of you 2 arguing need to zip it. Right now you both look like fools...good lord. Put away the e-peens.
There are so many trails like that too. You can run trails like that all day of you wanted too! It's even more fun at night. Yea that's salt water. It can be hard on your machine but most of it you come too the little creeks like that are usually just a few inches deep so it's not bad. In the winter time I try and stay away from the water like that as much as I can cause I've seen two people lose there bikes in quick sand. And lots of other people stuck in it including myself on a quad. That's why I carry TRED's on my maverick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I made a simple observation based on your previous post. Where I come from calling somebody a queer is fighting words. You showed your true colors once again.

XPEE1k killer
Dont bother with this guy. Almost every thread he is part of turns into him making offensive statements towards other posters. This is duneraisen reincarnated.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts