Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sorry Kelly, when I said you heard it here first I meant in this thread and not directly from me. Just clarification for the other people in this thread. My intent wasn't to hijack your thread just so I can read my own words.
Hey! No worries, seriously. I didn't feel that u did any hijacking at all. I'm just glad they are listening! And believe it or not, at least they are commenting! On commander forum, I had the thread (pure sport is a reality) and I caught a lil bit of crap for it. But not to bad! Most people were just commenting on what they wished it was. So maybe this time the have a lil more faith! Again no idea what it is, my dealer even admitted that, he just told me about a phone call he had gotten trying to make sure they show up at the dealer show. Cuz they will be 2 new models! So that's all I know

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry Kelly, when I said you heard it here first I meant in this thread and not directly from me. Just clarification for the other people in this thread. My intent wasn't to hijack your thread just so I can read my own words.
SweveOffRoad. I guess you have not read some of the post with me in here? LOL.. They have given me shit back also, I just gave it right back and went with it. So take it with a grain of salt. Some are more crusty then others. Some need to get lyed more then others. But all in all they are a good group of guys.. :) And very helpful when you need something..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There will be an XMR sxs released in Sept. I heard i directly from the Canam Rep @ Mudnationals in Texas, this past Spring.
That being said, I'm ready for some factory fender flares. .
I hope your right about the fender flares. What is the XMR model going to specialize in?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Front and Rear Air Ride Suspension, snorkeled to rad relocate, 30" Silverbacks, 14" wheels....Really impressive off the floor.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
There will be an XMR sxs released in Sept. I heard i directly from the Canam Rep @ Mudnationals in Texas, this past Spring.
X2 on the factory fender flares!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
How do you know the XMR fender flares will fit the XRS model?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
How do you know the XMR fender flares will fit the XRS model?
its a mudder machine so hes assuming it will

x-mr = mud riding

they also relocate the radiator up top to on the quad

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am more interested in the comments about what mods or upgrade will be available for existing models to make it more competitive? Something tells me based on what others have said about them working with aftermarket companies that they may offer a "Clutch Kit/upgrade"……it is obvious what good clutching can do for the Maverick and it would be a sneaky way for the OEM to get you to buy an "Upgrade" to compensate for their crappy design. It is a proven fact that the Polaris CVT is more efficient than the BRP offering so it would make perfect sense...……Personally, I hope it is something else since I have a QSC/STm setup on order and would love to combine it with something like an ECU upgrade to release a few more ponies...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, it would be easy but then you would most likely need to recalibrate your clutching to compensate for the added power….ah, it's just money right :money:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If in fact they are doing something this soon, I'd go with a mid-model year release to answer the Rzr. If they can get people to buy again they make far more money. Be nice if they could just plug and play something and make it stronger, but there's more $$ in getting more unit sales for them. I still think it's too soon. They had suspicions I am sure, but heck I know the guy that designed the engine and transmission and he wouldn't tell me much at all....it was locked down really tight. They can add more power sure, but with their crappy clutch why bother? Just burn more belts up. Maybe they are giving us all a new clutch.....alas, wishful thinking. The QSC guys did say BRP asked them to send a clutch over when I called. I think the mud version makes the most sense...not power additions.

·
Premium Member
8,855 Posts
power add ons by BRP dealers would be scary. Dealers suck!

i sure hope its something easily done by maverick owners.

Remember the Maverick was unveiled at the Sand Sports Super Show in September last year. I wonder what they will have this year?

·
Registered
713 Posts
power add ons by BRP dealers would be scary. Dealers suck!

i sure hope its something easily done by maverick owners.

Remember the Maverick was unveiled at the Sand Sports Super Show in September last year. I wonder what they will have this year?
That's exactly what I was thinking. I will only be able to go on Friday the 20th this year because of a wedding. but I bet whatever it is will be unveiled at Sand Sports Show.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
An unveiling is only the first step, then It needs to be made available. But the SSSS is a great place to get mass exposure very quickly. Shouldn't be that hard to see if Can-Am has a big booth area again this year.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
It was a great marketing gimmic last year. I would think with the success Can Am had, they would use the SSSS to launch another marketing campaign. We'll see in a few weeks.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts