1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
4.3 L (1.8 U.S. gal.)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Speaking of coolant, the mechanic up at my local dealer said that the new 2014 Mavericks have to have a new/different coolant than the 2013 and below. Is that true?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here is the spec for the 2013 model....anyone with an owners manual for a 2014 that can confirm what they call for?

Ethyl glycol/water mix (50% coolant, 50% water).
Use premixed coolant sold by BRP (P/N 219 700 362) or
Coolant coolant specifically designed for aluminum engines

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evans Waterless Coolants are the ONLY 100% waterless automotive engine coolant available on the market. All Evans Waterless Coolants are a chemical blend that results in more efficient cooling due to a higher boiling point. The increased boiling point of the coolant eliminates the occurance of boil over, cavitation, and detonation.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've been playing with Evans since back in the 90's. They like to run engines hotter with higher stats and less fan on time. I don't agree with that and the coolant itself does not transfer heat as well as standard type antifreeze. I won't use it in any of my vehicles any more. The new ELC's are very high quality and last a long time. I just don't see the need for the added expense.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evans Waterless Coolants are the ONLY 100% waterless automotive engine coolant available on the market. All Evans Waterless Coolants are a chemical blend that results in more efficient cooling due to a higher boiling point. The increased boiling point of the coolant eliminates the occurance of boil over, cavitation, and detonation.
lol? 1st post, cut and paste from evans web site and a link to china tools?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I've been playing with Evans since back in the 90's. They like to run engines hotter with higher stats and less fan on time. I don't agree with that and the coolant itself does not transfer heat as well as standard type antifreeze. I won't use it in any of my vehicles any more. The new ELC's are very high quality and last a long time. I just don't see the need for the added expense.
I could see it on applications such as heavy duty diesel engines that are built to withstand the added heat.....the fact that it is not corrosive and will not evaporate and does not expand much are good characteristics to have in a coolant. You could basically run it without a radiator cap and it would not boil over or expand enough to spew out of the bottle. But it is spendy...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've used Evans in a few of my big bore quads with never an over heating issue, Its a good product. I was thinking of using in my Maverick that's why I asked how much does the machine holds. I'm also wondering if anyone has used it in the Maverick?

Don't really know of any over heating issues and right now I have a bunch of sponsor products from Maxima Oils and they have an Antifreeze/Coolanol and an additive Cool-Aide I can always use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts