Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these installed? Its for 3000 to 6000 ft, also they want 299.00 which seems alot compared to what numbers being thrown around here for a STM or Airdam primary? If the cost was less I might try it but not at the full asking price. what you guys think? Im not hittinh the 8000rpm mark possibly due to being always at 4000ft and up

·
Registered
266 Posts
What rpm are you at?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Have you changed the secondary spring out yet? If not, your at about the same rpm's as the rest of us that had secondary spring issues. I would give that a try 1st.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EPI has a different spring in thier kit which is stronger so maybe I will do that first and then if not better I can add there new weights, then its thier complete kit. Otherwise im mixing components and everyone blames the other why it dont work. The other spring is the Dalton puple violet right? or should I make this problem the dealers warranty it dont rev high enough?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Correct on the Dalton spring. black/violet. The Dalton spring is much heavier than a stock one. You probably could try EPI's spring, what ever thier equivelent is, if you wanted to stay brand specific.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got EPI red spring comming in as there primary weights not done yet, will let you guys know how much or not just spring does to RPM situation and then I can change the weights which they have adjusted to work with this spring for higher elevations when they are in.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've dealt with Chad at EPI quite a bit on other rides and he has always given me great advice.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red spring here. Will install next couple days , do i dare use existing secondary bolt or get a new one. I tried to find the specs for the airdam bolt but cant. I think i would like to source one of those locally if i can. We have a big bolt supply house here.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx benzo, so grade 13.9 but what measurments do I need to tell the bolt shop, length, size, thread is what I imagine they going to need to know, Im pretty sure Adam at airdam just sourcing them and marking them up, am I wrong?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys quick question now after i checked what rpm I was getting with stock clutch setup and want some opinions BEFORE I try the EPI red secondary. I get 7650 rpm the highest in high but in low with my sport mode on I can easily get 8150 for bit then hold 8k all day long.
What will the stiffer spring due to my sport low? Im wondering if it will make me max out rpm wise slowing my speed. I dont really feel i need the extra rpm in high if its going to mess with my sport low.
I would appreciate some thoughts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts